394.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0248 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0248 (1024x768).jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 339
Concept Cars at 2014 Pebble:

That Mercedes is hideous.
The Ferrari stinks.
And the P1 is... A P1 with more wings.

I'd love to see a Fran Hall designed Grand Touring car: front engine, rear drive, and a longish wheelbase (like 105-110"). I've drawn out "my dream design" dozens of times (via pencil and paper), but I'd be too embarrassed to put it up.

Well just to change direction a little...here is a chassis for one of our new machines...

Just in case some of the newer guys don't know what we are pretty good at...

I think this may calm a few nerves about the little bolt on subframes for the Apex...:lipsrsealed:

Attachments

• photo 1a [640x480].JPG
    photo 1a [640x480].JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 445
  • photo 2a [640x480].JPG
    photo 2a [640x480].JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 404
  • photo 3a [640x480].JPG
    photo 3a [640x480].JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 314
  • photo 4a [640x480].JPG
    photo 4a [640x480].JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 363
The Porsche doesn't work front/back in my eyes as front becomes unnecessarily more modern and the rear is still retro raw.

Merc is hideous, agreed

Ferrari looks like something from Playstation

Justin: I'm with you and is the reason I mentioned Panoz. A true, not imaginary, 2 person cockpit. Change layout a little to a front/mid engine: Vette transaxle to keep engineering down on suspensions. Can't imagine connecting the two would be outrageous if pickup points weren't disturbed.

I realize my vote will/would carry more weight after I buy my first SLC product. LOL I'm coming over to the dark side soon. Modern Porsches just aren't service friendly :)

Fran wrote in post #497 this thread:
But my company is RACE car replicas....not GT replicas...
My SL-C has enough room to qualify as a GT....

I wont be building any GT cars as they are not my passion and I have no desire to build front engined cars at all...sorry.
Certainly not trying to hold Fran to anything. I love the choices that he has made. I'm just trying to remind people as to Fran's past comments.

The D Type is coming along extremely well. I just don't think I'll fit "correctly" into one. (Yes, being tall has disadvantages too.).

But what the F is that tube frame truck??? Looks like a tube frame version of the HT2??? Yet another decision to make when the time comes!

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
That Mercedes is hideous.
The Ferrari stinks.
And the P1 is... A P1 with more wings.

I agree the Mercedes is hideous. I can't believe how the crowd was drooling over that car! To me, it was nauseating. Standing in front of it, I contemplated the market for such a car: Pimp?...not unless they had one hell of a high-end stable! Drug Dealer?....even for them, too much attention! Sheikh with millions in oil?......there you go!

As for the Ferrari, it was a design project....take it as such.

I have been impressed with the McLaren concept cars over the past several years, as some of the concept cars on the lawn at pebble are on the road and racetracks today.

Fran's off-road chassis looks awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

The tube frame is the HT2 truck chassis...

The decision was made to make the chassis fit within the excepted rules package for multiple uses...The body is still all aluminum and the style of the truck is still the same as the original renderings...but it got just a touch more "serious" to say the least...

We will have the HT2 at SEMA with WELD wheels being our partner, it will also have a billet block Katech engine powering it....detuned to 720hp.

Phil, our engine tuner did the tuning work the Batmobiles actually...

I think one of those concepts that never went anywhere would be nice.

Something like an Audi Avus VW W12 or a Bentley Hunaideres. In 2wd, ought to be reasonably within reach of the existing chassis concept.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cien, I think I mentioned it earlier.....

Back