RCR's Next car should be.....

I think one of those concepts that never went anywhere would be nice.

Something like an Audi Avus VW W12 or a Bentley Hunaideres. In 2wd, ought to be reasonably within reach of the existing chassis concept.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cien, I think I mentioned it earlier.....

VAG already built the Hunaideres. It's called the Veyron.
bugatti_veyron_vs_bentley_hunaudieres.jpg

I think that Fran's lineup is pretty complete. He actually should make "some" $$ as the margin is kept pretty thin intentionally.
The R&D on new projects is exceptionally expensive, and a racing program to boot!

Jack,

I think this thread has became more of a "what if" than a real serious attempt at convincing Fran of anything. Several of us have thrown out ideas (like the Panoz) that I have zero expectations of follow up. It does keep creative thoughts going and though I agree with his current lineup being extensive.....one of his last is the one that locked me down. I've been on fence for years, but the GTR has pushed/pulled me over from production cars.

I think this is more mental exercise than a real persuasive tool. Though Fran must also find it partially amusing as he comments about the silly and wild ideas. If you don't look at outer limits, then what's there to stimulate your next idea. The SLC is wild and original, but if never a Miura or a Dino would an SLC came to be?

And it worked out great for GM: Firebird vs Camero LOL

Isn't the McLaren P1 GTR more than a concept? I thought the info about it said it was being released, for competition in a one make series.

Hey, there's a cool idea for RCR - one make series w/ any one of the existing cars. A whole race of the Monoposto would be really cool!

The Mercedes is butt ugly.

Tom, if you want to buy twenty of any model we will happily build a spec package for you...

(checks bank statement)

I think that's going to have to wait for another day!

I love the idea though. For less than the cost of 1 Veyron or Huayra, someone could fund the initial vehicel outlay to get a series started.

I have to second the Panoz GT1 idea from a few pages ago. I guess it doesnt really have to be a GT1, but something in the same vein as Frans SL-C, but front engine. Maybe it would look kinda like the Panoz or Lister Storm.

Theres so many great and affordable v8's and transmissions around that it would be nice to have a modern lightweight and aerodynamic chassis to put them into... The only option now is a cobra or daytona prototype, but anything other than a ford engine in those doesnt seem right, plus, the designs of those cars are not exactly modern.

Fran, any hankerin' to do a modern front engine car at some point?

I've been asking Fran for a modern front engine car for years now. As of now, ONLY the Mono Posto and D Type are the front engine cars that Fran builds. No new FR cars on the horizon.

In a way... The LMP uses the drivetrain of a FR car. Cheap drivetrain in an insanely fast car.

Just curious... why the desire for a front engine car? Where's the fun in that :D

But honestly, are you guys looking for a more daily drivable car with a trunk?

Last edited:
Just curious... why the desire for a front engine car? Where's the fun in that :D

Pretty simple...

Name any grand touring car that weighs under 2800 pounds, is powered with a large engine of some sort, and is beautiful in design (short overhangs, 100-109" wheelbase, two door coupe, etc). Honestly, the new Mercedes AMG Gt is pretty close to perfect. It looks really good (not amazing), weight is in check (for a Mercedes), and the engine is pretty solid too.

I'd love a Gt car that not only performs well on the track, but tours well too. And I don't want a Porsche, Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Pretty simple...

Name any grand touring car that weighs under 2800 pounds, is powered with a large engine of some sort, and is beautiful in design (short overhangs, 100-109" wheelbase, two door coupe, etc). Honestly, the new Mercedes AMG Gt is pretty close to perfect. It looks really good (not amazing), weight is in check (for a Mercedes), and the engine is pretty solid too.

I'd love a Gt car that not only performs well on the track, but tours well too. And I don't want a Porsche, Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Not to mention that locating a transmission to handle torque at an affordable price point vs a transaxle would be a big plus

Agreed. I would have thought that the big manufacturers have that segment well covered. A Subaru BRZ or Lotus Elise / Exige provides decent practicality with good performance, starting quite cheap. For me, component cars are about simplicity and getting the driver closer to the mechanics.

As I've said before, practical for me would be adding a third seat, which could double as a luggage area. I do like the central driving position of the Nemesis, but would prefer a closed cockpit. No production car (that I know of) offers that. I love the McLaren F1, but would like to see a Superlite original with the same basic layout, although I seem to be a bit 'special' in that regard.

I have thought about a Nemesis tandem for commuting, but my laptop bag would be a bit vulnerable in the rear seat, and I'd feel very exposed to flying debris.

Back