RCR's Next car should be.....

How about something like this. They aren't available in the states, cost upwards of 200k, and are technically mid engine. Nobody better make any caterham comments :laugh:

Image00006-640x360.jpg

How about something like this. They aren't available in the states, cost upwards of 200k, and are technically mid engine. Nobody better make any caterham comments :laugh:

Image00006-640x360.jpg
As you alluded, there are / have been quite a few UK manufacturers in that segment of the market, including two very well-known ones. The SLR was arguably similar. I think that the Nemesis cars are preferable for a similar type of driving experience.

RCR already has quite a range of cars, but I still think that there's room for something original and exotic looking, with a central driving position + 2 passengers.

If it has to be / look like a replica, I'd vote for the 904 (one was made, but demand didn't appear to be there) or something Alfa Romeo-esque.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We have another 904 being readied for delivery actually

Many people love the idea of three seats but the mclaren F1 seats are tiny and uncomfortable , it's also a real chore to get into the center driving seat.
So the size of the car would have to grow considerably to accommodate three full size people
Just my observations from crawling around super cars and designing and building them from scratch

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Yes but track only
No glass windshield
I have many wild and wonderful cars that we can build but they are not commercial successes so we build them as one offs to order

A
RCR already has quite a range of cars, but I still think that there's room for something original and exotic looking, with a central driving position + 2 passengers.

I want to see a 3-person 917! :drunk::drunk::drunk:
(that I would pay good money to see since 2 is worse than a sardine can, lol)

I'm already imagining how to mount a seat on the spare tire carrier and bolting an MG mount on the roof (I am dead serious about this...)

Fran, would you want me to bring up a beltfed and a mount so we can have the tabs welded on before you powdercoat, and in time for PRI? (BTW Indiana is MG friendly...)

JR

Badass Truck.jpg

I'm already imagining how to mount a seat on the spare tire carrier and bolting an MG mount on the roof (I am dead serious about this...)

Fran, would you want me to bring up a beltfed and a mount so we can have the tabs welded on before you powdercoat, and in time for PRI? (BTW Indiana is MG friendly...)

JR

View attachment 75410
Holy smokes, that's awesome. Are you doing a streetable build? What size tire?

Back