RCR's Next car should be.....

Fran, if you ever run out of ideas for things to do (not very likely) there are plenty on this Forum willing to help!

With the push (here in Oz) to energy saving, green thinking, and carbon credits, perhaps there is money to be made in a side production run of small, glassfibre, city cars with electric motors or hybrid motors (No, I'm serious). But I don't know the situation over there; perhaps this is a long way off.

Dalton

Competely different car under the skin.....3b is almost competely aluminum and very similar to the T160 series Can Am cars...whereas, the Mk3 has much more steel and more in common with the earlier Lola Mk2's ....
the 3"B" name was used to bypass homologation issues back in the 60's...it should really have been named as a new car....this is the brief synopsis as I understand it.

Fran,
on this post you write that 962 could be the next one.....
Are you serious ?
when it would be availiable ?

i'm planning to build one, i'm in touch with D.Smith for the bodywork and some parts.
i'm doing 3D CAD design of the frame (spaceframe tube) to prepare the build...
(it's an extrapolation of plans and pictures on books)

If you have more advanced solution.....

Jimmymac...I already do RCR40....rockonsmile

Its not really an anology.....just historically correct fact ...again...as I was led to believe... so I could be completely wrong and misinformed.,..so then I guess it would be historically incorrect fact but what the Hell its Friday...

Last edited:
Hi Big-Foot

As well as the MkIII and the Mk3B being significantly different under the skin as Fran said, the bodywork differences are not so subtle once you have a good look. To me, the MkIII is a very elegant car, whereas the 3B is much more aggressive, and better from an aero point of view with a lower nose, flattened off over the front wheel arches, smaller main rear air intakes and additional small intakes and a larger moulded in rear spoiler. I think the rear view of the MkIII is much cleaner.

Also the doors on the MkIII are true gullwing, whereas the Mk3B hinge to swing up and forward like the Mclaren F1.

These pics don't illustrate all the differences, but here you go anyway:

Attachments

• lola1.jpg
    lola1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 734
  • Red and Blue Lola.jpg
    Red and Blue Lola.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 779
You mean like this one...:D....

Attachments

• ford gt transaxle 008 (Small).jpg
    ford gt transaxle 008 (Small).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 784
  • ford gt transaxle 009 (Small).jpg
    ford gt transaxle 009 (Small).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,528
Fran, now you're just teasing me!

I was wondering when you would get around to doing the best Lola of all, and here it is (apart from the double-bubble dash - I never quite got that).

Back