RCR's Next car should be.....

A`pal of mine used to build Indy car tubs...the 86 March had a radius on the tub sides and he showed me the way to do it...
Very labour intensive and looses alot of integrity when curved...

I have some planned uses for it....;)

Lola T-332 Formula 5000, configured for LS series Chevy and RBT 6 speed. Make it SCCA safety legal for track day events anywhere, and vintage legal, at least for the lucky east coast vintage clubs that accept replicas. Gee I wish I still had the mold for the airbox that I used to have....If I still had it, I'd GIVE it to Fran if he would do the car to go under it.
Jennifer [ hoping this will be my year for a RCR P4 ]

The cage would weigh more than the car...
Here is a T333 with a "cage".

Attachments

• arc025.jpg
    arc025.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,100
SL-C...some lucky chap

Me First !

The SLC ..... IS ..... a Groupe C/GTP car, besides it could be a bit before Fran can build ''the next car''. He has the/my SLC to finish, he has us all salivating over the 917 mono(rightfully so), somewhere in there is the SLR. Maybe THEN he can work on the next car.
<grin>

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
As I mentioned earlier,
I have a single body...and will only be building ONE for some lucky customer.

DIBS!!!!
(Just be a little patient with me for the money) :p:

Another idea...
Nissan R390? Affordable, easy to find engines, but of course gear boxes would be a pain in the ass to find as they all are. LOL I'd bet you could get someone to remake the glass for the car too so it won't be so damned expensive for you Fran.

nissan_r390_gt1.jpg

51726_00mg.jpg

r390gt1_11.jpg

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
sl-c......

I know I know I know. I love the SL-C. I have been playing Forza Motorsport 2 too damn much. I have fallen in love with the R390. It makes my pants tight in the crotchial region. ANYWAYZ, I'm looking forward to starting my new job so I can order the SL-R from you. Still waiting for the last body to show itself too ya know...

Still would be nice to have an R390 sitting in my driveway though... *sigh* Pretty please Fran?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here you go Fran...
It was a concept built off of the GT40 in 1966 and a pretty cool one at that..

66project00z%20Ford%20J.JPG

Similar...

66test00y%20Ford%20J.JPG

Here you go Fran...
It was a concept built off of the GT40 in 1966 and a pretty cool one at that..

66project00z%20Ford%20J.JPG

Similar...

66test00y%20Ford%20J.JPG

Nobody is going to build a replica of that....

That's the Ford "J" car that Ken Miles got killed in... It had big bunches of front end lift... Dangerous on the track..... Sorry, but even if it looks cool it isn't going to find a lot of customers...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Many drivers killed in many cars for many reasons -

Renowned for it's beauty and its dangerous handling characteristics - Porsche searched frantically to figure out what caused the unpredictable and dangerous driving characteristics of the 917. John Woolfe was killed in a 917 on the opening lap of Lemans. His death and the injuries to other drivers in this car has not quelled the desire to own a replica of one..

Back