RCR's Next car should be.....

The RCR mid engine cars are affordable works of engineering genius. However for sheer driving pleasure it is hard to beat a front engine sports car with a nice spacious and easy to enter interior. I know that the type imposes additional engineering challenges, but I believe RCR is up to the task.

That said, there is only one: The 250 GTO. People who have driven one say that it was the most intense experience behind the wheel that they ever had. And they say it with a grin!

People love them and want them. They would sell, I think. As for engine and trans, I bet that it would be possible to "separate" the engine and trans out of a wrecked 348, connect them with a torque tube, and there you have it: a real Ferrari engine connected to a real Ferrari transaxle just like the real thing, only about 1/50 of the price, and reliable enough to drive daily. :p: Of course one could always put in some cost effective American iron and save a bundle. :)

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
The RCR mid engine cars are affordable works of engineering genius. However for sheer driving pleasure it is hard to beat a front engine sports car with a nice spacious and easy to enter interior. I know that the type imposes additional engineering challenges, but I believe RCR is up to the task.

That said, there is only one: The 250 GTO. People who have driven one say that it was the most intense experience behind the wheel that they ever had. And they say it with a grin!

People love them and want them. They would sell, I think. As for engine and trans, I bet that it would be possible to "separate" the engine and trans out of a wrecked 348, connect them with a torque tube, and there you have it: a real Ferrari engine connected to a real Ferrari transaxle just like the real thing, only about 1/50 of the price, and reliable enough to drive daily. :p: Of course one could always put in some cost effective American iron and save a bundle. :)

Randy, Ferrari does not approve of replica's of its cars and have shut down several manufacturers.

Aye, Ferrari doesn't like their cars being replicated, but the old man himself did say the Breadvan wasn't a Ferrari.....

The concept of the 360 w/torquetube to it's own transaxle is an excellent one for those who happen to have one lying around;)

Gregg is right.
Ferrari can at least not kill the owner of a replica (even more if that is a NICE replica),but if they really can reach the producer,..well this means war for theme.

And I dont really hope Fran can have such problems in the future.

Consider some months ago we had here in Bolzano a p4 replica (think was an NF),pretty vehicle, finished and for a resonable price.
Ferrari made 2 phone calls..and the car disappear from italian ground...

think about it...

Well then, gol dern it, make a car in the spirit of the GTO. Simple, light, front-engined, sophisticated suspension, excellent brakes, no-nonsense interior, and a sweet shape. Just call it the RCR GT, and don't make it look too much like the GTO. Make it look like something between a GTO, an Aston Martin, and an Alfa TZ. Aw heck, just make an Alfa TZ, only in 1.25 scale. Would Alfa kick too?

Hey wait a minute, how does Fran make the P4 then??? :confused:

Exactly! That is what I thought you did, and that makes it OK, i.e. Maranello has to leave you alone. Which brings me right back to my original point: perform the same process to make a 250 GTO "homage", that is safe from the thought police.

(I don't understand why I had to go all the way to Cleveland and back to get here: isn't the whole point of this thread to suggest new cars for the esteemed Mr. Hall to construct, and wouldn't it be safe to assume that the Man knows how to do so without getting sued???? [scratches head].)

(I think I got newby trolled light. And bit. :D)

Its not Maranello that causes the problems ..
its a lawyer that acts on his own behalf and then informs the F car corp. and takes it upon himself to bust the replica companies.....with F car money.

The Lambo deal is different....as companies were renting the newest models and splash moulding the cars..

I will not be doing any more F car replicas...the P4 and the lone 512 are enough....

Although this one, and its twin are sitting in my shop at present....and are owned by RCR...(moulds included).... :D

Attachments

• Jan 04 08 038 (Small).jpg
    Jan 04 08 038 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 532
  • Jan 04 08 039 (Small).jpg
    Jan 04 08 039 (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 563
As for the cost of the Ferrari V8 engine and transaxle package. They would not be cheap, but probably not nearly as expensive as what you might expect. I just bought a 1990 Mondial T in very good condition for $35K. That's for the whole car, that runs and drives very nicely thank you, not an engine and trans out of a wreck.

BTW, that engine is the most wonderful banshee! The Mondial is no lightweight, but it is still a lot of fun. But if the engine was in a *light!* GTO replica, it would be thrilling. The transmission is very charming also. At first the throws seem heavy and balky. You may try to finesse it like you have to drive an Alfa, but soon you realize that won't work at all; what it really likes is for you just slam her home. Shift with authority and the thing works just fine.

Parts from the dealer are ridiculous, but I am finding that there are businesses that supply all the main service parts at surprisingly reasonable prices.

When it comes to 60s sports cars, the GT40 and the GTO are the pinnacles. One down, and one to go!

Last edited:
Although this one, and its twin are sitting in my shop at present....and are owned by RCR...(moulds included).... :D

YEAH!! What is that???? That is exactly what I am talking about. A nice light front engine sports car, styled like one of the classics, but with superior RCR technology. You could do a coupe version also. I don't care if it's a GTO replica or not. I only suggested a GTO because I think it would sell.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fiat 124 Spider

What do I win???

BTW - Check your emails.... :)

800px-1974-Fiat-124-Spider-Red-Front-Angle-st.jpg

Perhaps Fran could do a version of this, catering for the bottom end of the markey, and avoiding the wrath of F.

Dalton

Attachments

• 25-4-05 009.jpg
    25-4-05 009.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 532
Perhaps Fran could do a version of this, catering for the bottom end of the markey, and avoiding the wrath of F.

Dalton

According to the sign at the top its in the second one of his display 'Halls'. He's probably just waiting on the 'right moment' to release this bombshell on the market.

Oh crap! Is it really a 124?

That is most definateley NOT what I had in mind. Fran you have created a great technique with the monocoque construction of your cars. However all of your replicas are not really more race cars as opposed to sports cars. What I am trying to pursuade you to do is to produce a replica that is more of a GT/sports car, and not nearly so much of a race car. I don't car if it is really a replica of anything. What I do care about is that it is light, roomy, simple, high tech in terms of strength, brake and suspension quality, and FUN to drive. To continue your 60s sports car homage theme, the 250 GTO naturally springs to mind, although any front engine f-car, a*ston m*artin, or mase*ati would satisfy my criteria. Take one of those classics, modernize it with the construction and packaging you have innovated. All of a sudden a person could have something that has the styling of a classic spors car, but actually drives much better, without trurning it into a modern novocainemobile.

Best regards,

But my company is RACE car replicas....not GT replicas...

I am waiting for a pal of mine to build me a car and its front engined but its still a race car....D-type Jag.

My SL-C has enough room to qualify as a GT....

I wont be building any GT cars as they are not my passion and I have no desire to build front engined cars at all...sorry.

Randy....you win the prize..

You would be surprised how well the Fiarina looks and goes....I purchased the red car and its yellow sibbling along with all the tooling and rights along with a third rust free donor car and conversion panels already made from California.
Its a very pretty litle car and a nice package ...in fact the attention to detail is super.
Unfortunately the owner passed away prior to being able to take the project to market .
His Estate contacted me as I have a soft spot for Italian cars..and low and behold another dust collector..waiting for Springtime.

isn't the whole point of this thread to suggest new cars for the esteemed Mr. Hall to construct

Right there, thats where you went wrong, you assumed that the thread has a 'point'.
After all Mr. Hall didn't start the thread and you don't need to be too much of a genius to work out if wanted to go build another type of car he would.

I think this thread is for people to list out the cars:
1. They really like (and might even buy) but are too bone idle to do anything about themselves, and hence want to make it Mr. Halls problem.
2. They really like and see the oportunity to gratuitously post some pictures of but have no intention of ever buying even if it were the price of a used Hyundai.

I'll go back to the shed now, thank you and goodnight ;)

Back