RCR's Next car should be.....

I have factory chassis blueprints for the Tatra MTX, pretty cool.

A Ford F3L would be neat, have the station templates and general lines for that... would suit your alum monocoques very nicely, Fran. Yes, I know you told me to build the buck :)

Always liked the Porsche 911 GT1, I think there was a guy in Florida that had bodies
available...

Maybe the Bertone Panther sport prototype...?

Attachments

• Tatra-MTX.jpg
    Tatra-MTX.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Last edited:
Thanks! I'm scratch building a car that has a windshield design that's very similar to the Chevron. Any ideas about supply of parts these days for chevron's? Using a Ford 32v mod motor and Audi transaxle, c5 vette suspension parts. Verrrry good build info on this website, even for a scratchbuilder.

If Fran is going to contemplate older race car replicas not based on the same basic alloy unibody..... and if the Ferrari lawyers can be avoided...

I would strongly suggest a 410S or 335S. By far the most beautiful road racing Ferrari's ever built. Build them to accept a BMW V12 out of an older 850i or 750iL. You can buy entire used examples for dirt cheap, take the engine then sell off the rest in parts and come dang close to a free powerplant....

Terry

Ah yes the chapparal "sucker" car would be nice to own the worlds most powerfull vacuum cleaner on wheels.

Ps and reason why a XJR9 TWR wouldn't fit this bill?

grtz Thomas

Ron Earp

Admin
Not sure what that thing that John K posted is (I am ignorant, I'll admit that) but it is not attractive, in my humble opinion of course. I think you'd have to be a F car faithful to love that one.

R

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
How come no one has mentioned the GT90? Not to take anything away from the awsome project going on. GT90 deserves some mention in anycase.

OR a Lotus Cortina, Left hand drive Fran :)

Sandy

Gentelmen: This car is over 10+ years old. Make a few minor changes and Fran's boys can produce a "whopping" replica here..............It will need at least 700HP with dual (2) superchargers.

Attachments

• McLaren F-1.jpg
    McLaren F-1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 903
Not sure what that thing that John K posted is (I am ignorant, I'll admit that) but it is not attractive, in my humble opinion of course. I think you'd have to be a F car faithful to love that one.

R

aaaaa...nonono..kmon Ron..thats a Testarossa,the first real one,a legend car....u cant say u dont like it..kmooon..:p:
..its only my mind not accepting F replicas (?will be the italian blood?..mah);)
If so..almost ALL the racing F (and a lot also of the not racing ones..)will be lovely in so accurate replicas as todays ones could be.
Think at a California,a Daytona, a 512M, all F formula ones of the 50s and the 60s...or why not an Alfa 33 stradale?
Thanks god (imho eh..otaliano here..:eek:) Maranello guys are ready to make a real war on this.

Think maybe for Fran will be better to specialize the company on the models he already produce.I will be the first loving a 962 done by him..but as he said,that car is nearly impossible to think on pubblic roads.

Why not maybe try to offer some rally cars (as delta s4 or audi s1,or RS200..).
Also if...in the special case of the delta s4, nearly the 99% of the still racing ones are actually replicas of the original 20 official cars done in 1986,cause abarth still sells the body parts to convert a s4 stradale into a s4 corsa....just u miss the tuned abarth official engine with 650 hp..:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1967-33stradale.jpg
    1967-33stradale.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg
    1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • audi_s6.jpg
    audi_s6.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 864
  • toivonen_paper_01.jpg
    toivonen_paper_01.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 972
aaaaa...nonono..kmon Ron..thats a Testarossa,the first real one,a legend car....u cant say u dont like it..kmooon..:p:

Cmon Paulo, surely YOU know the first Testarossa were the 4 cylinder models, didnt have that ugly sponson that looks like they ran out of ideas on how to fill the gap!!

Jac Mac

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Paolo,

I have built an 037 and have a Stratos in build as personal cars...I also have an Alfasud that I want to prepare for vintage racing.....

My last roadcar in the UK prior to moving to the USA was an Integrale....

I got my start in 4 wheel(lots of two wheel first) motorsport navigating in stage rallying... for a European Group N tarmac champion..prior to owning an HSR Chevette rally car .....and many many small lightweight Italian flyers...

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
.....and many many small lightweight Italian flyers...

Any like this, Fran? My little 1964 Abarth 1000tc (Fiat 600 based), which I've had since I was 16. Loads of fun on a track or street or anywhere else.

94542672brentac3-med.jpg

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am seriously jealous..........good man....

My best friend Jim,and I used to go to the local auctions and buy matching beaters for 50 quid or as close to as possible....we would then pick a point on the map and race to the pin point...

I remember we bought a pair of 126 Fiats....the fuel pump failed on mine after about 150 miles and we had a 6 foot tow rope....he towed me back home along country lanes as fast as he could drive....what a blast...young and dumb...and pre Politic Correctness....

Jim is a fantastic driver/rider but he has a chuck it in rally driving style and mine is smoother ....that became interesting at times.....yee ha!!!!

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin

I don't think the mother could love that one. Looks like they started with a catamaran hull and cut off the bow. Then, they grafted on half of an old British roadster, but it didn't fit well hence the indentations in the side that had to get massaged to match the boat. After that they found a couple of big round fenders from a 30s car and glassed them on the back, along with a D type head piece there. :)

I'm just poking fun course so please don't think I'm anti Italy or anti F car. It is just that one, well,....:p:

Back