RCR's Next car should be.....

maybe its possible to bring good looking conceptcars alive?

say good lookers like this for example...

like the Alfa Diva from Sbarro?

many pictures here

italiaspeed.com: 2006 Geneva International Motor Show

and a few here

alfa_diva.jpg

Alfa_Romeo_Diva_Concept_2006.jpg

SbarroAlfaDiva2.jpg

Alfa%20Romeo%20Diva.jpg

a few more of this beauty...

Alfa+Romeo+Diva+Concept...jpg

its almost a nice ferrari, then it would be the nicest ferrari i guess ;-)

nice short overhangs...jummie...only downside? of the Diva is the V6 that could have been a nice v8.

115.jpg

I have tried to review all the posts and I don't think these cars have been mentioned. Both of these cars were built in small numbers by the same man. Both cars were very competitive, have good looks and can be driven on the street. They both used American 327 Corvette engines.

The designer was responsible for building some of Ferrari's best racing cars the 250GTO, and the Lamborghini V12 engine.

The cars are the Bizzarrini 5300 and the Bizzarrini P538

Attachments

• 1968 Bizzarrini P538 02.jpg
    1968 Bizzarrini P538 02.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 742510.jpg
    742510.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Arizona_Bizzarrini5300GTStrada.jpg
    Arizona_Bizzarrini5300GTStrada.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 388
  • Bizzarrini-5300-GT-Strada_1.jpg
    Bizzarrini-5300-GT-Strada_1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 388
their P538 coupe os nice too

Bizzarrini%20P538%20Coupe..jpg

their new P538 will be nice too

new-bizzarrini-p538-supercar-well-on-its-way-to-completion.jpg

scuderia-bizzarrini-p5381.jpg

but thats (new p538) modern stuf, not to be replicated yet .

I just saw the Bizzarini P538's at the Imperial Palace in Vegas. They have a red one and a white one. I would love to see that be RCR's next car. They really look cool up close

The newly reincarnated Bizzarrini coupe is a rebody, it uses the carbon composite chassis from the late Galmer Arbitrage.

Not a big shock, considering Bizzarrini is a specialty coachworks...

their P538 coupe os nice too

Bizzarrini%20P538%20Coupe..jpg

their new P538 will be nice too

new-bizzarrini-p538-supercar-well-on-its-way-to-completion.jpg

scuderia-bizzarrini-p5381.jpg

but thats (new p538) modern stuf, not to be replicated yet .

Lots of interesting cars coming up on this thread from around the world.
All I can say is PLEASE make it an Italian!!! NOTHING tops them with respect to beautiful cars not to mention they have the reputation to go down the road (or track) pretty well too.

moz-screenshot-2.png
Kellison Astra kit cars:

this is a slightly modified Kellison J-5 from the late 50's

http://www.kitspeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/J12.jpg

here is a J-5 and a J-6 side by side.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/10070149/homepage/name/144846?type=sn

Very cool looking coupes, major engine setback for good weight balance, handling potential. They havent been made for years apparently. The black one has been at the last couple of Carlysle kit car shows I think. I just saw it for the first time today (on the web).

Cheers,

I have been looking for a J5. My dad built one many years ago and I have always liked the lines on the coupes. I found someone who is making convertible bodies but no one is making the coupes anymore. It is hard to find a nice original one now.

I have tried to review all the posts and I don't think these cars have been mentioned. Both of these cars were built in small numbers by the same man. Both cars were very competitive, have good looks and can be driven on the street. They both used American 327 Corvette engines.

The designer was responsible for building some of Ferrari's best racing cars the 250GTO, and the Lamborghini V12 engine.

The cars are the Bizzarrini 5300 and the Bizzarrini P538

Yes, beautiful cars. There's a P538 on display at the car museum in Balboa Park in San Diego - stunning in person. It's one of a few that were originally fitted with a lambo V12 similar to this one: YouTube - Lamborghini Bizzarrini P538

I spent a good 30 minutes staring at it in SD a few months back....

Nice story with good pictures here;
Märket Bizzarrini - zatzy.com

66_Bizzarini_P538_Spyder_Prototype_TV_05_Pbl_01.jpg

66_Bizzarini_P538_Spyder_Prototype_TV_05_Pbl_05.jpg

1966_bizzarini_p538_sd_04.jpg

I almost crashed into one of this Bizzarini cars, the one with the Lamborghini engine. It was parked at Ultimate Motors in Longwood and I was being tailgated by a semi truck so I turned in too fast into the dealer and the car understeered right into it but it came to a stop like ten feet from it. No one in the dealer so what happened, lol.

Picking up an old thread here, but it occurs to me that we have concentrated on the appearance of cars that we'd like to see built, with high performance as a given factor.
But what about re-introducing some of the more interesting technical developments that were banned from the race track for various reasons.
RCR could set up their cars with dynamically variable rear wing angles for optimising both speed (straight) and traction (cornering) and braking. Then, it's very effective to apply the wing downforce directly onto the hub carriers instead of the chassis. What about "soft"or floating curtains around the car perimeter, almost touching the road, with a couple of suction fans for helping the car grip the road. Lets face it, the basic SLC is a long way from being practical transport, so more radical engineering could be tried. The problem, I guess, is that to be financially viable the cars have to sell in reasonable nos. and you achieve this by building cars that meet current racing rules, for all the guys out there who want to race. Oh well, just my neurones running amok.

I got another idea about a classic racecar, engines are available in other models models of this supplier, it is very limited in quantity and no actual or high quality replica is available:

bmw_m1_procar_series.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here's another shot of the M1 in competition that I like;

Attachments

• BMW-M1-01.jpg
    BMW-M1-01.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 325
Back