RCR's Next car should be.....

interior:

Attachments

• aerotechint25.jpg
    aerotechint25.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 335
Lancia Stratos

Lancia Stratos

Compact, Ferrari motor, mid-engine, rally legend, true purity in design, and so few made that there is an exclusivity that surrounds them...Need I say more

lancia-2681010109347711600x1060_0.jpg

lancia-2681010109333021600x1060_0.jpg

The gray car here is a reincarnation based upon the legendary Stratos, with new construction and a Ferrari 430 Scuderia motor....Oh my, Gotta go, just had an accident.:lol:

Last edited:
Oldsmobile Aerotech
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"The car consisted of a March Indycar single seat chassis enclosed in an extremely efficient aerodynamic body shell. It was powered by a highly turbo-charged version of the 2-litre Oldsmobile Quad 4 engine."

"Subsequently, between 7 - 15 December 1992, another version of the Aerotech, this time powered by a 4.0 litre Oldsmobile Aurora V8 engine and fitted with lights, broke 47 speed endurance records including the 10000 and 25000 kilometre world speed records."

OldsAerotech.jpg

1012_29_z+1992_oldsmobile_aerotech_concept+front_quarters_view.jpg

1012_28_z+1992_oldsmobile_aerotech_concept+ed_welburn_at_speed-3.jpg

1012_27_z+1992_oldsmobile_aerotech_concept+ed_welburn_at_speed2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lancia Stratos

Lancia Stratos

Compact, Ferrari motor, mid-engine, rally legend, true purity in design, and so few made that there is an exclusivity that surrounds them...Need I say more

lancia-2681010109347711600x1060_0.jpg

lancia-2681010109333021600x1060_0.jpg

The gray car here is a reincarnation based upon the legendary Stratos, with new construction and a Ferrari 430 Scuderia motor....Oh my, Gotta go, just had an accident.:lol:

I think I remember these on Top Gear. Now I have to go look.

How about an updated Stratos with a little nip-tuck? Just some little tweaks to get it closer to the "user friendly catagory? Slightly longer wheelbase, little more cockpit room, A hint of storage space, just enough to make it more "livable" without changing the overall drop dead fantastic looks.
I guess the tricky part would be which drivetrain to use? It would Have to be something with a similar F-car Dino V6 sound! A transverse LS would make more financial sense, but would need the flat-plan crank conversion (as posted on another thread) to get it in the right aural zone. 4L sounds about right, with 7500 rev limit! Hmmmm... an "accessory" to the kit? :idea:

It would Have to be something with a similar F-car Dino V6 sound!
Hawk Cars do a Stratos replica, which often gets an Alfa Romeo V6 - a lovely sounding engine. They also support the Ferrari Dino V6 and the Quattrovalvole V8. I've never seen the kit myself though.

I would like to see another modern (non-replica) design from Fran. My personal preference would be for a 3 seater, probably using the McLaren F1 layout, but original styling. What I'm really after is a central driving position with the possibility to take passengers.

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Hawk Cars do a Stratos replica, which often gets an Alfa Romeo V6 - a lovely sounding engine. They also support the Ferrari Dino V6 and the Quattrovalvole V8. I've never seen the kit myself though.

I would like to see another modern (non-replica) design from Fran. My personal preference would be for a 3 seater, probably using the McLaren F1 layout, but original styling. What I'm really after is a central driving position with the possibility to take passengers.

Actually, these guys make a fantastic replica...

www.listerbell.com

I saw the car in the UK. Beautiful (but very small) car.

Fran, with the convergance of Grand-Am and ALMS, we should build a car for the LMP-C catagory (or whatever they will call that in the future).. I was at Oreca when they were building the first ones. We don't have to use a carbon tub, we could use one of my Riley and Scott's MKIII's frame as a general basis. They use a stock block chevy create engine, 430hp. It's similar to the LMP1 you are building. Heck, you would sell more spares in a weekend than you would imaging. Oreca is the only manufacturer right now. We need to talk...!

Hello Andrew

Yes you are right about that could be good sales; but remember Pescarolo 2 years ago when they were owned by Jean Py have built 4 similar cars using an industrial way to built carbon tub to low down prices and cars were sell to ACO for the driving school if I remind at 150 ooo euros ( this is 4 times less than an Lmp 1 ot 2) but still a budget !
There is also another french builder coming in this field ; Norma and they are used to built those racing cars at low prices

Remember too that doing Race cars even you are selling a lot of spares, you will spend a lot in devlopment and new tools every year to be "on the wind " plus customer assistance etc etc ; Lola one of most successfull car builders for so many years are down !!!!! Even doing a lot of aero and military subcontracting

One good solution regarding cars as you are stating is to have an agrement with organisers like ACO , GrandAm or whatever "sponsor" to built on a"serie' involving similar chassis ( say RCR superlite or LMP) with same engines and restricted rules fro ECU , number of tyre etc so Fran can use his hability to built many at a reasonable price ( this was hugues De Chaunac from Oreca good idea as usual !!)
Its' to my point of view the only way to sell "safely" race cars or "close to"

If I remind some years ago when we raced ELMS there was various series like so ; Maserati one , Murcielago one so much fun and so good slaes fro those builders !!

Another idea to extend RCR 917 serie could be this one !!

Born for Le mans 81 by Kremer brothers ( not a good result) but what do you think about that new look !!

and could be built close to real due to the engine was a six cylinder (turbo) !!!

If I was an us resident I had kickly pick up a 917 start kit from Fran and with some foam and weeks of fiberglassing et voila !!( reminding me nice hours of my VBM's !!)

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 331
  • image034.jpg
    image034.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 310
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Back