RCR's Next car should be.....

Yeah a vintage Indy car that wouldn't need frequent xray checks built with modern geometry and to a sportsman durability level for safety.

OK lads...get ten guys that will put down a deposit and I will build it once the deposits are in......
V8 engine (350hp max),5 speed transaxle package, steel chassis and suspension , fiberglass body , roller , bolt on wheels , old school gauges...these would be old school spec cars no wings..no options just colour...

Ball is in your court fellas...

Just for once I can say I beat ya Fran, send them my way, but i'll have to buy the trans units off you though.

cheers John

no, but that was the inspiration

lookingood_zpse4f94261.jpg

Mines better lookin:thumbsup:
those wheels are just for transporting as the 14 x 15' rears wont fit on a trailer.
Steinard K1-67 Photos by Monty155 | Photobucket

cheers John

Don't worry John , I think its going to be a while before ten guys come running with cash in hand.
The other issue is that a car as discussed cant run with any vintage race groups here in the USA.

Stuart Grey the F1 67 owner and I talked about bringing his car into the USA years ago ,and as cool as it is it doesn't fit anywhere race wise.

OK lads...get ten guys that will put down a deposit and I will build it once the deposits are in......
V8 engine (350hp max),5 speed transaxle package, steel chassis and suspension , fiberglass body , roller , bolt on wheels , old school gauges...these would be old school spec cars no wings..no options just colour...

Ball is in your court fellas...

Announce that you'll be designing it to fit drivers who have a 44" waist and 56" chest, and a lot of buyers will come out of the woodwork.

RCR sells dreams to people with lots of what I call up-front whip-out.

For every twentysomething tech millionaire with a personal trainer and a physique that you see on the cover of Men's Fitness, there are a hundred guys in their 50s and 60s that piled up a few million the old fashioned way over three martini lunches and now look more like Joe Viterelli than Mark Wahlberg.

Design a car these guys can drive comfortably and watch what happens.

Attachments

• viterelli-sized.jpg
    viterelli-sized.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 259
John Ross- Great points.

Being 6'5", 250lbs, I barely fit in any production sports cars. That was one of the main reasons why I went with the SL Razor. Fran is working on at least one truck at this point, and that's something I will highly consider when the time comes. As much as I love the curves and beauty of the D type, reality is that I probably won't fit in it either. The SLC LM is a possibility... But anyone whose lived in or visited Las Vegas in July knows how unbearably hot it gets, so I would prefer some sort of coverage and AC. When the time comes, I'll have a huge decision to make.

Don't worry John , I think its going to be a while before ten guys come running with cash in hand.
The other issue is that a car as discussed cant run with any vintage race groups here in the USA.

Same problem down here to Fran, apart from club days and the odd sprint and hill climb , but no sanctioned class. as it will be log booked a Formula Libre.

cheers John

Unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it, we have the Trans Tasman F5000 series down here so we get to see the genuine ones racing instead, nothing like 30 odd f5000's on the grid at one time.

cheers John

Thanks mate , hope to have it finished in the next week or two so we'll see if goes as well as it looks, fingers crossed.

cheers John

Back