RCR's Next car should be.....

My guess? 200k. The chassis is probably relatively simple in design, but I couldn't see it going for $10k per roller. Add in good shocks, fuel cell, wheels, etc, that are designed to be as light and as strong as possible and it'll add up quickly. Only my opinion...

It would be pretty cool to throw in an older Ferrari mill in there and let it rip!

How about a sneak peak of the new truck Fran??? Please??? (I already know the answer, but it's worth trying)

This is ridiculous looking and I love every bit of it...
iacoski_ferrari_FX-i1_concept_KUB_600x375px_SShotsketch_perspective_issues1.jpg

Care to go into anymore depth on the detest for 904's? Is it the final results, build/manufacturing, limitations of results, limitations of engine choices? We know you can be more verbose than that, Fran :) I'm not wavering from a race car (LMP/leMans), but interested to hear your thoughts still. I am still a little intimidated to drive a 917 on the street.

908/910?

Curious minds want to know!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I have little passion for them which makes it hard to get excited about building them...simple as that really...to spend the money it requires to build a compete package I have to be passionate about it.

Some cars never recoup the development costs and the 904 would be one in my opinion...
The 917 is a fabulous looking race car and yet not a particularly strong seller when compared to the GT40 or SLC...but I like them so we continue to move forward and sell them.

Beck and Thunder Ranch build 904's that are incorrectly shaped with longer wheelbases .I know Chuck Beck loves the 904 and it was a life long ambition to build them so more power to him.

Martin and Walker from the UK build a lovely 904 replica and I would go that way if I were to be buying a replica. http://www.904gts.co.uk/ credit where its due..

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
How about this:
aston-martin-dbr2-01.jpg

One of the most beautiful automobiles ever built, the Aston Martin DBR2.
My guess is that your response is that it is too similar to your Jag, an icon its own right.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I know exactly what it would look like as I have one....not too touring though...

Imagine a longer wheelbase and wide track TVR Sagaris with muscular wheel arches front and rear...

I have two drivetrain options and cant decide which way to go...one is RWD and the other is AWD .....its a one off currently and I don't forsee any plans to do anything more at this time.

I love the Aston and many years ago I owned moulds for it for a while until the guy I bought them from (UK) sold them on for more money before I could pick them up ..I did get a refund but I was heartbroken..

Fran,

Ever consider doing a sports racer? How about an SCCA CSR/DSR? You could pull in the real racers, as well as people who want to build a bike-powered car. Can't think of any reason you couldn't make them (marginally) streetable. I think that the overall costs could be contained enough to bring in those who don't have V8 supercar resources.

Just a thought. Always wanted one myself.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A couple of friends already build them Hurley race products build the LSR and Jon Staudacher builds his DSR.
The SCCA is in turmoil with the rules packages right now for this kind of car...

There is no way you could make a competitive car be streetable...

We already have the Nemesis as a trackday street car and the new full bodied version we will be running with diesel power in a couple of weeks is a cracking little thing too...

A couple of friends already build them Hurley race products build the LSR and Jon Staudacher builds his DSR.
The SCCA is in turmoil with the rules packages right now for this kind of car...

There is no way you could make a competitive car be streetable...

We already have the Nemesis as a trackday street car and the new full bodied version we will be running with diesel power in a couple of weeks is a cracking little thing too...

Do you have any pictures of the new version of the Nemesis?

Back