RCR's Next car should be.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Eerr....NO !!!..I don't care how many gazillion HP ,Nissan say their version has, it has a face for Radio...
I try to design and build cars people will actually want to purchase and be seen driving in....

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I still think Fran needs to do a front engine car. But you got to think outside the box. Something with the proportions of this:
1281260232723276873.jpg

It may be 'cutting edge' and all that, but, I wouldn't be caught dead in one if a street version were to be offered. 'Don't car how quick/fast it might be - it's flat out u-u-u-gly.

Batman would turn one down...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They already had a Tomahawk concept..it was a V10 motorcycle....

Attachments

• tomahawk.jpg
    tomahawk.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I've had enough of those stupid Gran Tourismo concept cars. They're ugly, completely unrealistic, and are powered by unobtanium. Just enough already...

And the Tomahawk quad cycle was badass! This, just dumb.

Howard Jones

Supporter
THAT IS FUCKING UGLY.

Geeze .........LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!! at a GT40, D type or P3 and see what a sport car should look like.

Sorry I went nuts.

And the Tomahawk quad cycle was badass!

I was in Michigan maybe 10 years ago? Looking to buy a Can-Am car, visiting a guy's shop.....when done looking over the Lola T330 (I should'a bought it) the guy finds I am a motorcycle racer. He says "I have something you'd be interested in". Takes me into a 30 foot square foot room and there, sitting on one side, was a Tomahawk, mid-build, yep, I-said -that-right. It was being built right there in this little room, the same little room and same place all the Tomahawks were built.

Needless to say my jaw was on the floor, my super nice and enthusiastic historian host that day was none other than Bud Bennett, turns out he (unknown to me) and his son's were something pretty big in the historic racing scene then and remain so today.

When touring the "attic" full of one-off this and that, he picks up a Mclaren steering wheel and says proudly with a gleam in his eye "Denny Hulme used to hold this wheel"

It was a day to remember.

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Rob
the building you were in belonged to Thomson racing, that builds lots of our race engines.
This building is now the base for Lingenfelter in Michigan (still owned by Thomson though)..
I think that there are 6 or so Tomahawks that have been built in total. I would see them periodically when at the shop.

I did the same thing 2 years ago, a reproduction of a BT24 brabham , original body LS1 powered, have another chassis sitting upstairs waiting for a lucky punter, lot of people go ohh ahh but geting them to part with the hard earned for a toy can be a problem.

cheers John

Back