RCR's Next car should be.....

Matt, that picture was taken in front of Canepa's. The car is a little on the larger side, I didnt get a look at who owned it but I'd say he might be on the larger side himself. Canepa shop has lots and lots of cool historic race cars they service. 962, Shadow Can-Am, 908s, a Tyrell 6 wheeler and more 959s "than you can shake a stick at" (no idea where that saying came from, haha). They do a "cars and.." thing once a month in the summer.

John, that BT24 is a beauty

Attachments

• FordGT005.jpg
    FordGT005.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 429
Didn't they just institute a spec motor in many of the categories?

I remember hearing something about that... if that's the case, the timing is oddly suspicious.

They have been tweaking that v6 ecoboost here in the tudor series. 2 years ago they had issues when they introduced it to the series but they seem to have a handle on it. Its a shame it doenst have a V8 in it but that's our wonderful gov't clamping down until we all have mopeds. You can tell Ford means busniness though, they say they are bringing 4 cars next June. I bet they have the budget of an F1 team.

Considering that Ford, GM and Chrysler offer V8's in a range of new cars, I think its Ford using the 2016 GT to showcase their Ecoboost engine rather than some plot to rid the country of the V8 engine.

I would further posit that CAFE standards and emission rules have forced the carmaker to improve the design of the engines to the point that we now enjoy (the GM LS series / Chrysler hemi for example). The new engines are immensely more reliable, have long warranties, get far better gas mileage, put out more HP and require little to no maintenance other than oil changes. How is that a bad thing?

Didn't they just institute a spec motor in many of the categories?

I remember hearing something about that... if that's the case, the timing is oddly suspicious.

I follow the Tudor series and to some degree the WEC/Le Mans. I haven't heard of spec motors for many categories.

P1 is very diverse, just between Porsche, Audi, Toyota, and Nissan there are 4 totally different engines and hybrid drive systems. The GT classes are more V-8 than anything, but also Porsche flat 6 and now the Ecoboost V-6.

Edit: man the diffuser on that car is enormous!

Considering that Ford, GM and Chrysler offer V8's in a range of new cars, I think its Ford using the 2016 GT to showcase their Ecoboost engine rather than some plot to rid the country of the V8 engine.

I would further posit that CAFE standards and emission rules have forced the carmaker to improve the design of the engines to the point that we now enjoy (the GM LS series / Chrysler hemi for example). The new engines are immensely more reliable, have long warranties, get far better gas mileage, put out more HP and require little to no maintenance other than oil changes. How is that a bad thing?

My thoughts exactly They will spend millions fielding 4 cars but billions in sales are at stake and racing is an advertising business and the TV personallities will be talking about the Ford GT cars return to the track and the Ecoboost engine... probably quite a bit so it's really cheap advertising. If they make a good showing it's a huge bonus because Ford will be able to cram it down everyones throat with more advertising.

It's like the BRZ & FRS; This is just well ..... If they buy the kit from Fran which nets him his $ at the end of the day thus proving his platform is gold than I can see why Fran doesn't really care. Personally I would be livid BUT Fran is a better man than I.

Last edited:
what got me was no where in any of the literature on it, is there any recognition of the platform source, cheeky pricks

kaspa

Back