RCR's Next car should be.....

It's like the BRZ & FRS; This is just well ..... If they buy the kit from Fran which nets him his $ at the end of the day thus proving his platform is gold than I can see why Fran doesn't really care. Personally I would be livid BUT Fran is a better man than I.

I think it's a bit different (I own the latter). There's nobody hiding the fact that the BRZ, FR-S, and GT86 are all the same car, built in the same factory. Open the hood and the DI cover says Toyota, but lots of places stamped into the metal is Subaru.

I did the same thing 2 years ago, a reproduction of a BT24 brabham , original body LS1 powered, have another chassis sitting upstairs waiting for a lucky punter, lot of people go ohh ahh but geting them to part with the hard earned for a toy can be a problem.

cheers John

Very nice!
PM Sent with a few questions

forza-motorsport-4-saleen-s5s-raptor-par-ypsilon-82392.jpg

Saleen for sale...

That's so yesterday
Had the S5 moulds at the shop for over 12 months
The parts offered for sale don't constitute a complete s5 or s7 build
Cool but not cool enough

I did the same thing 2 years ago, a reproduction of a BT24 brabham , original body LS1 powered, have another chassis sitting upstairs waiting for a lucky punter, lot of people go ohh ahh but geting them to part with the hard earned for a toy can be a problem.

cheers John

I would go for one.

what about this? Rebellion R2K. Ultima mod'ed out.

Sorry I cannot add in a picture. If someone else could that would be great!

I saw the Aero, WOW it looks like a fun car to drive. The cool part about the R2K, is that it's based on a kit (plus), it's a 2 seater (plus), street legal (plus), can hold up to a monster V8 (plus). As someone said before me, it would be great if the Aero was a two seater. (plus had street version without the bubble cockpit). Just my humble opinion for this discussion.

I like the Aero, but it's not a two seater. I like the r2k's style and body shape, it's already built from a kit, so it's definitely feasible, and it's street legal. If rcr can do something like that, wow it would be great. They could even use the SLC chassis.

Topless "Batmobile"? And allow enough room for a V10 or V12, and street legal.

1997-panoz-lmp-spyderw.jpg

Panoz-lmp-1-6.jpg

Kind of reminds me of a modern take of the D type.

Panoz LMP1 was the first modern Le Mans car I saw/heard. I expected the pavement to wrinkle up behind it based on the sound and fury it made.

I miss those early ALMS years - 333SP, Panoz, BMW LMR, Lola w/ Judd V10, etc.

The next RCR car should be James Bond's villain car, the Jaguar CX75. I might consider joining Spector if they issue me this car.
jaguar-cx75-01.jpg

jaguar-cx75-spectre-james-bond.jpg

Jaguar-CX75-james-Bond-SPECTRE.jpg

Panoz LMP1 was the first modern Le Mans car I saw/heard. I expected the pavement to wrinkle up behind it based on the sound and fury it made.

I miss those early ALMS years - 333SP, Panoz, BMW LMR, Lola w/ Judd V10, etc.

I think the Panoz was the loudest car ever. I was in a shop where they were warming one up at idle with some blips, absolutely ear shattering. But in a good way.

I just went and checked Panoz site to see if after 10+ years their Esperante ever shed that kit car look. No so much no. Looks like a late model Thunderbird with a body kitmated with a Shelby. They have a bat mobile-ish GTR1 too. I am certain some folks think those are good looking models. Probably better in person I'm sure.

I think the Panoz was the loudest car ever. I was in a shop where they were warming one up at idle with some blips, absolutely ear shattering. But in a good way.

Definitely one of the loudest I've heard. Not quite as ear splitting and screaming as the 333SP or Judd V-10 or Mazda RX-792P, but loud as all get out. My son was 8 the first time we went to ALMS at Laguna Seca and I swear his eyes popped out like a cartoon when we first came up the hill and I told him to roll down the window so he could hear them running.

Re: RCR's Next car should be..... <hr style="color:#000000; background-color:#000000" size="1"> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Boxerman
I would go for one.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Me too.

Best you talk nicely to Fran then.

kaspa

Back