RCR's Next car should be.....

I see in the latest issue of Car Builder magazine, that RCR has 2 new replicas available:
  • 1951 Aston Martin DB3S - Fiberglass and aluminum bodies available
  • Steinard Formula Libre F5000 open wheel racer - LS3 power and weighs only 1212lbs!

Is there a list of all the cars RCR has made somewhere? The monoposto is another really neat car I can't see listed on his site. I assume volume might be the reason, but RCR has done a lot of neat work that isn't easy to find outside of perhaps these forums.

I'd love to see a photo gallery on the site just showing off some of the one off projects all in one place!

John, all will be revealed when the new website opens, full and comprehensive details of everything available.
cheers John

John, all will be revealed when the new website opens, full and comprehensive details of everything available.
cheers John

Thanks John, that sounds great!

I'll be looking for a project in 1-3 years and will probably go with one of Fran's barely-streetable toys or something from apexspeed's classifieds. While right now looking into the windows of the candy shop is great fun, there's no sense in me wasting anyone else's time for my leisure. I was just thinking to make or find a list and then cobble together a photo album type thread... a website update would be tremendously better.

By the way, you've put together some great toys - I enjoyed the videos of your F5000 screaming along!

RCR should build a Renault Alpine A310.
alpine-renault-13.jpg

Originally built in fiberglass, if Fran decides to build these, it'd be a hit among Alpine enthusiasts and fans. Plus, if the RCR team decides to create the interior with astonishing detail, restoring an original Alpine would become a lot easier to do.
Also, buying an Alpine these days really requires you to look for it like a detective--it's quite rare. I'd rather build one because it's really a fun job, plus the rcr chassis is stiffer.

Trying to find DOT tail lights to match/compliment those body lines would be impossible.

The NSX taillights would offer similar shape and elevated ends to string the spoiler between. Although it would lack the dramatic slat design of the MBZ concept.

Michael Fling

Supporter
I agree... very nice web site! Organized well and looks nice too. I emailed Fran about the Aero but didn't hear back. I assume it is a no go as it is not listed on the web site? :shrug: I was looking forward to that especially if a series was developed.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
I agree... very nice web site! Organized well and looks nice too. I emailed Fran about the Aero but didn't hear back. I assume it is a no go as it is not listed on the web site? :shrug: I was looking forward to that especially if a series was developed.

Mike,

They're just busy working on a bunch of cars and the Aero is still a go as far as I know. The Aero is under the Superlite brand which is why it isn't featured on the RCR site. That said, there is a link to it on the Racing page. Or you can go directly to it:

Superlite Aero

Michael Fling

Supporter
Mike,

They're just busy working on a bunch of cars and the Aero is still a go as far as I know. The Aero is under the Superlite brand which is why it isn't featured on the RCR site. That said, there is a link to it on the Racing page. Or you can go directly to it:

Superlite Aero

Glad to hear that! Thank you for the link. When they get a few of these going, it will be hard to say no.

Back