Really Bemused by this story....

although I don't condone what he did, if he had of kept his mouth shut he would have got away with it as it was only hearsay he never tested positive, how i'll never no but that's how it is, but cheating as such goes on in every sport known to man for Christ sake, get real, hell I've just been reading a book and hearing stories from an old guy who was involved with Nascar years ago, and some of the names that are now legends used to get up to all sorts of mischieve, one common one was to have Nitros hidden in a fire extinguisher and eloberate hidden plumbing, plus many others. so where do we stop. some times the rules are so vague that different interprataions run rife.
as long as we have competition, we will have people trying to enhance their odds.

John

Yeah, you're right, there's lots of cheating going on in sport. But, be that as it may, that's no reason to turn the cheek. In fact, quite the reverse, left unchecked, human nature's inclination to cheat in a competitive environment would likely bring out the worst in competitive sport.

Personally, when I watch sports I'd like it to be done with a minimum (preferably no) cheating as that, well, just makes it less sporting. And, as an example for my kids, I would hope they would aspire to excel at the sport itself, not the cheating.

Besides, it's pretty darn satisfying to win fair and square. I've had some luck myself in sports and been proud of my mediocre achievements, getting lucky enough to win once in a while. I think I would take no pride or satisfaction in those modest wins had I cheated to get there.

Of course, for some people (ie. Lance) it's not about sport and winning fair and square. It's about ego and fame and being a loud mouth. Lance should be erased from the record books and forgotten as a bad chapter in sport.

Does this mean the runner up in all the TdF's is now the winner for the record books? Oh, but wait, that guy probably needs to be drug tested too. And what if he was doping as well? Ah, jeez, what a cesspool of crap.......

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I find it interesting that little or no mention is made of the doctors who helped him cheat and the team principals who must of known what was going on.

I see that Barack only had two balls this time to celebrate his inauguration.
If Lance ever became POTUS he would only have one.

I find it interesting that little or no mention is made of the doctors who helped him cheat and the team principals who must of known what was going on.

I see that Barack only had two balls this time to celebrate his inauguration.
If Lance ever became POTUS he would only have one.

Pete, yup, that's very true, he certainly didn't do it on his own - there had to be a whole team of people behind the scenes facilitating the doping.

However, all those other people didn't grab the spotlight and fame and money as Lance did, so I guess they don't get the same level of notoriety in the downfall....

Back