Rear exhaust

Has anybody tried exiting the exhaust between the 'shelves' in the rear diffuser?

I'm studying how I'm going to route mine, and I have some concerns about how close it would be to the fiberglass (although some heat tape would probably solve that issue) if exiting above the diffuser.

Brb-using-imagination-Since-no-pics.jpg

already tried google :p

As I recall from my visit to Dallas, Cam did his that way, but I think it limited how far he could open the rear clip. I don't recall that being a problem on the Rapier car I saw at SEMA, but can't be certain.

Cam ran his under the rear clip as i recall (and started to melt it until he added heat reflective tape).

If you go under the clip you're limited in how far the pipes are stick out

But, on the other hand, no idea how it will look with pipes running between the shelves in the diffuser. Cool, odd, ugly, etc..

Ask, and you shall receive:

rear1.jpg

The tips stick out just right in this car, IMO.allowing the rear clip to tilt back without interference.

Here's another car:

IMG_0174.jpg

Here are a couple pictures I ran accross that have the exhaust exiting the rear diffuser on a race tail. I don't know who owns the car but it is not me.

HPIM0229%20[640x480] ---.JPG

HPIM0212%20[640x480] ----.JPG

Chris

Cam ran his under the rear clip as i recall (and started to melt it until he added heat reflective tape).

If you go under the clip you're limited in how far the pipes are stick out

But, on the other hand, no idea how it will look with pipes running between the shelves in the diffuser. Cool, odd, ugly, etc..

the pipes dont melt the clip, the exhaust gas will. But you have to have the clip hinge so they have to stop short of the end of the clip. I didnt use tape, i use Al flat bar. it actually made the end of the clip look a bit more finished. I shoulda used angle Al to give it a bit of a gusset...

I think if you are going low, you'd have to do a bit more fancy fabrication bending down then coming up at a tricky angle.

Attachments

• Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 482
I ended up doing quad tips coming out of the lower diffuser 'shelf' with my urban terrorist longtubes ... fits the look of the car perfectly and looks totally bad-ass.

I'll post pics next week when i pick up the car, but going through the diffuser, as opposed to under the body, is definitely the best way to do it for looks :idea:

Really, really cool Alex...that thing looks like it means business :thumbsup:

Do you have any pics of the rest of the exhaust?

We need a sound clip......soon

I'm sure it will be whisper quiet ... look at all the sound deadening features it has, ehehe.

Everything's finished, just waiting on some alternator parts from Fran and I can do first start finally. Been bloody long enough after getting dicked around by my original engine builder for almost 3yrs.

What is your alternator set-up? Which alternator,pulleys, bracket,etc.? Sure is fun when things move along.

Back