remote power brake master cylinder

Has anyone seen a master cylinder that is remotely mounted with a booster and pressurized by another master cylinder controlled by the peddle
System works as follows
master cylinder 1 creates pressure from pedal
master cylinder 2 receive pressure with a booster to the front brakes
the setup requires to master cylinders on the brake pedal
and two remote master cylinders with boosters, separate systems for front and rear

this would ease the space issue with install a dual cylinder and a booster
in such tight quarters

LLoyd

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Has anyone seen a master cylinder that is remotely mounted with a booster and pressurized by another master cylinder controlled by the peddle
System works as follows
master cylinder 1 creates pressure from pedal
master cylinder 2 receive pressure with a booster to the front brakes
the setup requires to master cylinders on the brake pedal
and two remote master cylinders with boosters, separate systems for front and rear

this would ease the space issue with install a dual cylinder and a booster
in such tight quarters

LLoyd

I don't entirely follow the layout you describe, but I'm pretty sure what you are describing is a remote brake booster aka servo.

http://www.triumph-spitfire.nl/servoimages.htm<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Quite common on British cars and some Alfas and Lamborghinis in the 60s. Hydraulic input from the master cylinder at the pedal, vacuum input from the engine, boosted hydraulic output to he slave cylinders. Often installed in the trunk. In a dual hydraulic system you need to of them.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
that would be it. where can you buy it after market

Last time I bought one it was a Lockheed unit from Dave Bean Engineering (Dave Bean Engineering, Inc. The Official Vintage Lotus Car Parts Distributor) but that's because I know him from previouis Lotus ownership. There are probably other sources, like Moss Motors or the other British car parts suppliers. There are also American made ones, but I don't recall where I've run into them. Look around the hot rod parts suppliers.

Hello Lloyd. I know I am going to get in trouble with Peter. My car has Power Brakes since day one and they work great. That was my main problem with non-power brake cars (cobras and GT). With the 17" wheels and the 13" brakes the PB was needed.

Jimmy send me an electric ps option but needs a speed sensor for adjustment. The cost is over $5K

You might like to have a look at one of these it was a remote kit that my dad fitted to a early falcon to get power brakes and it mounted remotely worked a treat was made by PBR and was a vh40 or vh44 from memory, this site might help your search.
PRICES

Regards
Graeme

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi LLoyd

As per the above post.
PBR VH44 Remote booster is what you are after.
You will require one for the front and one for the rear.

In a street rod I built I had this exact system with one dual master cylinder feeding two remote boosters to front and back systems.

In that car I was able to locate the remote boosters up under the dash out of sight with only the dual master on the firewall in view.

Dimi

Back