Renato's GT40 MkI Coyote

Hi Renato,

Nice work you are doing.
I am planning for a similar setup as you; Ford Coyote + Audi 01E DQS + GT40 kit (still not decided if GT-Forte, Tornado or SouthernGT).

From where did you get the engine/gearbox adapter plate?

Have you thought/ideas on exhaust system?

Keep up the good work :)

Regards
Joacim

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Joacim,

Thanks!

Got the adapter plate, flywheel and clutch with hardware from Eric (kitcarchassis.com).

Good luck with your build!

Renato

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Ah, exhaust...

Planning to do it myself and have two ideas.

First is to adapt original mustang exhaust header, not pretty but cheap and simple.

Second is to purchase exhaust flange and build the header using pre bent SS tubing, prettier but more money and work.

Still don't know if I need Cats or not. If I do that is going to complicate things. Need to find out with NY DMV how will they classify my car.

The muffler portion will be either a performance muffler (like Magnaflow) or a strait tube (like motorcycle), home made.

Hi Renato,
the project is looking awesome! I love the pictures you have been posting. How are you going along? I pray your family health issues are better. Cant wait to see more pictures of those wheels.

Ah, exhaust...

Planning to do it myself and have two ideas.

First is to adapt original mustang exhaust header, not pretty but cheap and simple.

Second is to purchase exhaust flange and build the header using pre bent SS tubing, prettier but more money and work.

Still don't know if I need Cats or not. If I do that is going to complicate things. Need to find out with NY DMV how will they classify my car.

The muffler portion will be either a performance muffler (like Magnaflow) or a strait tube (like motorcycle), home made.

I went the hand fabrication route. It wasn't too bad, and the way I did it you could run a cat.

It's still not welded together yet. Once it is I'll put some pics that might help if you go this route. I also did a custom made muffler as I couldn't find anything that would fit and not be restrictive. This thing won't be that.

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Things are getting better every day!

The project is somewhat on the back burner but not for long. I have to finish my new daily car (replacing a blown engine) and should be back on the GT40.

Hi Darrin,

Looking forward to your exhaust setup! Did you look in to a motorcycle muffler, they are narrower but somewhat long. Maybe too long. Didn't get a chance to look in to it.

Renato

Sorry to take so long to reply. I don't get on much these days.

Yes, I did look into those but they were either too long or too restrictive. I couldn't find one that worked. I think that Bob had a local place build a custom one that really looks nice. I opted to roll my own made out of stainless with an X-pipe in the middle and some damping material. Took a while to make, but it should flow very well...although I'm afraid it's not going to be as quiet as I hoped. We will see soon I think. I SHOULD have the engine running this month if all goes well and the exhaust (I'll just start it running through the headers/collectors) finished in June or so...if all goes as planned.

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hello to all,
Came to realization that I will not be able to finish this great car in a reasonable time so it's time to let another enthusiast enjoy the build.
I have it the listed in the GT40 Market Place and soon on few other sites.

Thanks to all, for the support during the build!

Regards,
Renato

Back