Renato's GT40 MkI Coyote

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
The angle shouldn't change much just the mounting point will go forward together with my fire wall and the seat. My seat will be against the firewall because I'm 6'1" and need all the space I can get. That manual for locating seat belts is very informative, thanks so much Bill. Maybe it should be a sticky. I'm going to read through it few times and check all harness mounting points.

Not sure whether to go with 4,5 or 6 point harness...

Darren, both of us will have an angle on the axle. You probably a bit more than me. I just got my motor mounts in and will put the engine and transaxle back in. I'll have some angle numbers then.

Renato

I heard back from the drive shaft shop and they say I will be fine so you even better given the estimate I provided. I'll have to rework things when I get the engine placed though.

What they said was that most CVs these days can work at a high angle but "the issue is the boots start to rub on the bellows and tear themselves apart".

To help with this he said they "leave the small clamp loops this way after its installed you can pull the boot to wear the bellows do not touch and then clamp it."

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Chassis

Back to paneling for a while. A quick job to cover the top front bulkhead. My Sikaflex from year ago dried completely, had to buy new tubes. It was a sealed tube and it was garbage. I guess, use it or loose it...

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 393.jpg
    Renato's GT40 393.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 807
  • Renato's GT40 394.jpg
    Renato's GT40 394.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 935

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Shifter

Looks like another possible donor for the shifter. It came from 99 Dodge Neon and can be found in every junk yard cheap. It looks very similar to Toyota that is hard to find in the US. It should require minimum modifications to get it to work. The forward/backward cable fits perfect. The left/right cable mount will have to be moved back an inch or so.

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 406.jpg
    Renato's GT40 406.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 823

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Throttle Pedal

Fabricated mount for throttle pedal from a piece of 1/4 aluminum. Made it adjustable so I can get a better fit after all is done. Pedal is part of Ford Control Pack for Coyote engine.

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 417.jpg
    Renato's GT40 417.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 592
  • Renato's GT40 419.jpg
    Renato's GT40 419.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 768
  • Renato's GT40 420.jpg
    Renato's GT40 420.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 698

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Engine Mounts

Quick update, got the engine and transaxle mounts powder coated and installed. Test fit the engine.

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 421.jpg
    Renato's GT40 421.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 745
  • Renato's GT40 422.jpg
    Renato's GT40 422.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 779
Throttle Pedal

Fabricated mount for throttle pedal from a piece of 1/4 aluminum. Made it adjustable so I can get a better fit after all is done. Pedal is part of Ford Control Pack for Coyote engine.

Renato

You might want to sit in the car and put your feet on the pedals. When I first installed mine I noticed they sat too low where too much of my feet hit them. It looks like yours are OK but just wanting to make sure you don't have to rip it all apart later to lower them.

Attachments

• CAM00951Small.jpg
    CAM00951Small.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 772

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Good point Darrin, they do feel a bit low.

It shouldn't be a problem to move the foot plates higher, they are bolted on. The accelerator is one plastic piece. I guess it can be cut and re-bolted to gain height.

Not sure how annoying the pedal position will be. Do know that pedals are closer than I would like them to be.

Renato

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Engine

Long time since my last post and not much done. Lots of things happening around me that took priority. Trying to get back the momentum...

Machined the thermostat housing to accept a regular hose rather then special quick connect. Also fabricated a piece of pipe to make connections a bit easier and cleaner.

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 424.jpg
    Renato's GT40 424.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 735
  • Renato's GT40 427.jpg
    Renato's GT40 427.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 584
  • Renato's GT40 429.jpg
    Renato's GT40 429.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 739

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Rick!

Darrin, you might have to do the same to get better clearance. The original quick disconnect turns towards the firewall and is not practical to use.

Renato

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Wheels

Haven't spent much time on build do to family health problems. Things are getting better and hope to spend more time in the garage.

Wheels and tires arrived. After much thinking I went with 18 x 9.5 front and 18 x 11 in the back. Tires are Ditto NT01.

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 432.jpg
    Renato's GT40 432.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 679
  • Renato's GT40 433.jpg
    Renato's GT40 433.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 724
  • Renato's GT40 436.jpg
    Renato's GT40 436.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 728
  • Renato's GT40 439.jpg
    Renato's GT40 439.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 713
Wheels

Haven't spent much time on build do to family health problems. Things are getting better and hope to spend more time in the garage.

Wheels and tires arrived. After much thinking I went with 18 x 9.5 front and 18 x 11 in the back. Tires are Ditto NT01.

Renato

Excellent choices Renato!

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Larry!

Now I just have to figure out the rest of my paint scheme.

Kind of backwards... :laugh::laugh:

Renato

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Shifter

Haven't done much lately. Just a few small updates.

Modified the shifter to work with 01E. Cut the base and welded it on the other side for proper linkage movement. Fits pretty good. It is getting crowded on the center tunnel.
Hope to start on the shift mechanism soon.

Renato

Attachments

• Renato's GT40 442.jpg
    Renato's GT40 442.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 577
  • Renato's GT40 443.jpg
    Renato's GT40 443.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 520
  • Renato's GT40 445.jpg
    Renato's GT40 445.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 600
  • Renato's GT40 448.jpg
    Renato's GT40 448.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 575

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Nick,

Thanks so much. It's been kind of rough year for me and I see for you also. I'm trying to ease back in to the build again. It is hard when you loose momentum.
I see you are making some progress and interesting directions with your build. Hope to see you post more about it.

Renato

Back