Ricardo trans and spacer plate

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
What would be the affect of not using the .100 spacer plate /dust shield between the block and tranny while using the stock clutch and throwout bearing? Does the throwout bearing end up riding the clutch IE keeping too much pressure on the pressure plate? Any information would be helpful. I'm getting to the setup of my clutch.

Thanks,
Pete

Mike Pass

Supporter
I set up my clutch (not the same as yours) by carefully measuring all the thicknesses and parts with a digital caliper. Remember to do the measurements with the driven plate mounted and the clutch cover bolts tightened up. You can then calculate how much gap there is between the release bearing and the clutch when the clutch is installed in the bellhousing. This method will work for any clutch. I had to machine down a spacer to get the correct free play in the system.
Cheers
Mike

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for your reply Mike, but are you also using a spacer between the tranny bellhousing and the engine block?

Pete

Mike Pass

Supporter
Yes. You measure and account for it in your measurements and calculations of the gap between the thrust bearing and the clutch. You can easily work out the gap with and without the spacer plate.
Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe the spacer is to allow clearance for the primary shaft inside the end of the crank. - I saw a thread on here where this had been an issue

Ian

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Another Ricardo question.....those of you using the Ricardo....what size master cylinder are you using assuming you are running the dual disc clutch?

Thanks,

pete

Back