Rogers SLC Build Thread

Roger Reid

Supporter
The day arrived. By new baby blue SLC. Probably the last of the rollers before Superlite switched to shipping in a crate. I have yet to unpack it as Christmas shopping and holiday family time. I'll post pics and ask questions as I progress. Thank you Fran and company for a great product.
SLC 11.jpg
SLC 12.jpg
SLC 13.jpg

Roger Reid

Supporter
After the long push to the workshop with help from friends the SLC joins the rest of her stable mates. The engine is an LS7 using an aftermarket aluminum block. I had it built with a 3.75" crank that destrokes it to 400 cu" with a 9.5 compression ratio. Solid lifters allow an 8,000 rpm upper limit. The motor built by Late Model Engines dyno'd at 651 naturally aspirated. The Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger will add a little more. This particular Maggie has the inlet on a starting angle of about 20 degrees towards the drivers side. Ill take off the existing intake flange and make my own intake tube so I don't have to have any roll cage mods. At least that's the plan.
SLC 14.jpg
SLC 15.jpg
SLC 16.jpg

Congrats! Looking forward to this beast coming together! You'll have to change your signature to say "SL-C build in progress!"

Roger Reid

Supporter
After I built the GTM I asked my wife if I could build another. She said you have too many cars now. Why do you need another? I told her it would keep me young having something to build. That and I had to promise her a vacation in Hawaii (sound familiar Joel) and after that she agreed.Roger Reid 2017 calendar.JPG

Roger Reid

Supporter
Got the serpentine belt in. It seems that every time you need a part, nobody local has it. Then you order it on line and it takes a week.

Anyway here is a pic of the finished serpentine system. Plenty of 8 rib wrap for the supercharger. All the idler pulleys except one are on a 10mm bolt. One pulley is on an 8mm bolt and I wasn't sure of its strength so I made an external support for it. CTS-V alternator. Also shows the intake manifold adapter.
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg
Machining the intake adapter. Also a eye candy shot of the lifters.
IMG_0541.jpg

Back