sae marked GT40 headlights

I need to know a source of sae coded gt40 headlight lenses - I already installed my r12 marshals and then started my paperwork - only to realize these are European coded only and won't pass NY inspection, thanks
-Steve

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I need to know a source of sae coded gt40 headlight lenses - I already installed my r12 marshals and then started my paperwork - only to realize these are European coded only and won't pass NY inspection, thanks
-Steve

SAE or DOT? I am not aware of any SAE requirement in the USA, but could well be ignorant.. I have seen many lights in various positions carrying a DOT mark.

on the paperwork for registration in NY they want the sae codes on all the lights, DOT markings on tires and front/rear glass, even sae. markings on the license plate light. which should be fun cuz I'm using led lights. they also want padded visors/dash - looks like time to get the sewing machine out

Chris Kouba

Supporter
You're not the first person in NY to register a GT there and it would surprise me if you need all that detail.

Who else on here has NY plates and how did you get them?

I'm sure I can leave it blank, but trust me its there in black and white and if I was more tech savvy I could upload it for all to see. When you have spent the money buying real marchal headlights and 656 fog lights and real 1960 Corvair tail light lens and housing its not much fun to get this letter

Back