Scotts build thread

That car gonna be a beast. I love those 60s Camaros. My buddy in high school had an RS with a few bolt on mods. Man it had a wicked growl.

Love the viper. I just picked up a gen4 acr. Looks great. Awesome performance. It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. You definitely should get one. Highly recommended. ;)

Am fully aware how fun a modded Viper can be. :thumbsup: Sold it about 3 years ago, but had a 97 blue/white 650r.

It was hot as hell inside though. The gen 3/4 was a lot more of a daily driver kind of car. I bet that Gen 4 ACR is wicked though. Only way to experience real torque, is to drive a Viper! Reason for wanting to get into a 2003-4. They are at their low point right now too and really want to get a convertible back into my line up.

While I am reminicing through my old car pics, here is a few i have built over the last few years.

Sold about 5-6 years ago. Built motor, twin turbo, 100hp shot, and about every other go fast part. Lots of trophies from this car.

Yup, take a perfectly good new car and.....................

My chopper. Thought building a bike would be fun. Kept it inside of my house. Lol. Started with a frame. Everything hand made. 127c.i. El Bruto with right side drive 6 speed.

!980 Manta Mirage. Was a total barn find. Only 1500 miles and was built by Manta in 1980 with every one of their options. Had an original LT-1 350 too. Had to rebuild entirely, sat for 20+ years. Buffed out gelcoat, but all pinstriping was left and original in 1980. Interior perfect and had air shocks for front lift.

Original wheels and original tread design bfg's with nubs still on them. Albeit hard as a rock!

SL55 AMG Widebody. Started bone stock. 1 year later, 700hp, and all body mods. Great car that sounded nasty!!
This is how far it had to come down for the repaint. Hundreds of hours in dis and reassembly.

!980 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car. Was a turn and burn while taking time off from work. 60k mile car with zero rust or body damage. Came out looking new. Had to lower abit though and add wheels and stereo. Sold all stock pats with it to make 100% original.

I love my stereos!

Noble M12 GTO 3R. Sold to buy SLC. MANY mods to this car! Fast as hell.

2014 RZR1000

Built entire cage/bumpers/roof and widened it.

My after work daily. Yup, it is at about 500hp with all supporting mods ready to crank up to 650hp. Tow in style.

Air suspension-

12psi in truck tires and trailer tires, will pull a loaded 20' car hauler out into the dunes! The little Cayenne that could!

Hopefully you guys enjoy some of the pics. It is good for me to go back and see some of these when feeling abit overwhelmed or not productive. You can see starting with the Viper how my garage used to look 4 years ago. Look at recent pics, lol. I need more room!

Btw- the only things I have done are tires mounted. All welding, fab, paint, blah blah blah I do. You could say I don't sit still much. This makes an SLC build so fun. It really is limitless what can be done or the level you care to go to.

Awesome pics man. Thanks for sharing. You have/had quite a stable.

Towing in style for sure! lol. That's how I want to get my SLC to the track!

Z cars have a special place in my heart. I owned a datsun z way back when. One of the most fun cars I've owned.

That amg is friken sick! Wow! Just wow. Love the look. It's beautiful.

Wrapped headers on a bike. Hmm? Never seen that before.

I'm having a deja vu moment on the Manta. I've seen that car before. Not sure where.

Holy sh*t that stereo is scary.

I love the Viper. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the awesomeness. Torque for days. Track performance. Streetability. A few bolt on mods gets to 600whp. It crys out for 3.55 gears though - soon. It is a beast. Love it.

Awesome pics man. Thanks for sharing. You have/had quite a stable.

Towing in style for sure! lol. That's how I want to get my SLC to the track!

Z cars have a special place in my heart. I owned a datsun z way back when. One of the most fun cars I've owned.

That amg is friken sick! Wow! Just wow. Love the look. It's beautiful.

Wrapped headers on a bike. Hmm? Never seen that before.

I'm having a deja vu moment on the Manta. I've seen that car before. Not sure where.

Holy sh*t that stereo is scary.

I love the Viper. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the awesomeness. Torque for days. Track performance. Streetability. A few bolt on mods gets to 600whp. It crys out for 3.55 gears though - soon. It is a beast. Love it.

Thanks alot Trent. Ya, that 350z was quite a car and holds a special place for me too. I started the SVRTech name with the Z. Was in the first group of guys building motors. Lots of things we had to figure out back then as no parts were made. I had quite a few products going and built quite a few cars and race motors for guys. Here is a pic of the first production twin turbo exhaust I was selling. Still holds the bolt on hp record as far as I know on a stock car (2.5" dual version), and proved the usefulness and advantage of an X-pipe on a turbo motor (on an opposing firing motor made it easy, lol). Nobody was betting on that. I argued with many shops and well known guys in the business, first turbo car tested got 40hp more and 60ft lbs at same psi (3" dual version)and against one of my aftermarket competitors, not just a stock exhaust.

I don't make any of those products anymore, but am currently making all of the shock and control arm poly bushings for the Vipers. Have them for gen 1,2,3,4. I am mostly on Viperalley. Screen name overzealous1. Since I know alot of guys there, I have a build thread on this SLC in the garage section too. Good place to join if you aren't already on there.

It would seem you need to build an SLC from the ground up, mostly so we can live vicariously to see what you can do to it.

Are you going to drive the current one at all, or literally finish and put up for sale?

My wife's current dream car is a Cayenne. Need to find one that won't break our little bank account though!

The generation Cayenne I have is relatively reasonably priced for what you get. Being able to fix it yourself is the main part though. Porsche dealers spendy!

I would love to keep the SLC. Maybe by the time I finish it, I would have saved enough to get into a larger property and not have to sell it. Time will tell though!

I'm mostly on VOA. They are the most active group locally. I also joined VCA and viperalley. I must say there are some real tools on viperalley. I mostly lurk there. Cool build. You are truckin along. The x pipe is sweet.

Got to admit, I was not very pleased with my work on the e-brake set up, nor the room it was going to take up in the center where i had run the cables. Hence why no finished pics of it over the last few months.
In comes American Shifter Co. with what appears to be the answer for me. An affordable electric e-brake set up. I posted links to it in another thread for those interested.

Pretty excited about this little bit o' kit!
Also found some combo drl's and turn signal in the newer style neon tube looking stuff like Benz and Audi uses. Not sure how to integrate yet, but should look pretty modern.
The white drl also has amber in it also, and the amber over rides the white when powered. So, ignition power to the white, and just wire blinker in as normal and it creates the correct effect on the newer cars. Must say, for $10 for the pair of 12" long tubes, they are super flexible and bright as hell! they make red too and I should have those any day to test for running and/or brake lights.

I had very low expectations for the product. I expected the photos were touched up and you would be able to see the individual leds. If you are within about 24" you can make out the leds, but any further and it does look like a neon tube. The tech has only been used for a few years on the high end cars (and lmp cars use them too), so it should bring in a modern feel.
The white drl portion could almost be used as headlights it is so bright! Gonna hook up an led dimmer controller to the white drl wire so I can tone them down abit. 3 lines of them might look good for tail lights. Dim one line for driving lights, and leave the other two lines at full power for brakes.

Looks nice!

I have a set of LED rope lights on my bench waiting to be installed for running lights. Should look cool... I hope.

If they are the ones with the self-adhesive on the back, add some drops of superglue to the adhesive strip on install. They won't hold for long without it. If not, the strip will fall and can make the cars "face":freak: look like it has some down syndrome. Lol.

If they are the ones with the self-adhesive on the back, add some drops of superglue to the adhesive strip on install. They won't hold for long without it. If not, the strip will fall and can make the cars "face":freak: look like it has some down syndrome. Lol.

I figured some sort of adhesive would have to be applied, it doesn't look very strong.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Personally I wouldn't use any light that isn't DOT approved. Especially for headlights, turn signals, tail lights or DRLs.

The use of non DOT type lights might not be enforced in your State or area but they are still illegal for use on a street driven car in the USA.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't use any light that isn't DOT approved. Especially for headlights, turn signals, tail lights or DRLs.

The use of non DOT type lights might not be enforced in your State or area but they are still illegal for use on a street driven car in the USA.

They are pretty relaxed here, but not saying the tail light thing might not raise an eyebrow. Drl's though, are not even a required light, so don't think dot approval on them is even an option or requirement.
That chopper in the pics above that I built, I made the rear tail light, it had no blinkers or side markers, and didn't even have any wiring when I went for my title with the mso's. The guy looked at it, took my paperwork, and we spent the next 5 minutes talking about it. Boom, approved, Lol.

Last edited:
Work continues to try to find a good looking way to incorporate the clearance needed for the intake.
I'm on my 4th variation now and still not very excited about it.

Stretchy fabric method- hmmm. needs something

Cardboard layout. Reverse scoop with layered alum fins on exit. I like, but not in this variation.

I through in the towel last night and broke down and bought a scoop that is nearly exact to my last pic. Will have something solid to mock up more stuff when that gets here in a couple weeks.
So, back off of body work and back to mechanicals!

Work continues to try to find a good looking way to incorporate the clearance needed for the intake.
I'm on my 4th variation now and still not very excited about it.
Have you though about continuing the roof scoop down, adjusting its width as necessary? Otherwise, you could make it more subtle by covering it with a perspex bubble.

Looking forward to seeing how you do this - I'm in awe at just how much you're doing.

Have you though about continuing the roof scoop down, adjusting its width as necessary? Otherwise, you could make it more subtle by covering it with a perspex bubble.

Looking forward to seeing how you do this - I'm in awe at just how much you're doing.

Thanks Roger. I have tried many variations and it just keeps coming up looking unbalanced. I started with pouring expanding foam over the area and hoping I could whittle something cool out of it. It really looked more like an experiment in retardism and put me into a fit of tourettes.
It appears that adding to that part of the roof line, really puts the short rear that much more out of balance by adding a hatchback feel to it. Adding to the rear will not be as easy as though based on hinge point, wing mounts, and ground clearance when trying to open it.
I thought of the idea of making the bubble, but felt it might turn into an expensive experiment that still may not come out as planned.
I am liking the last pics on just a general look and detail. Will play with it more later when I have a premade scoop to work with and add to.
After two weeks toiling on it, I gave myself until last night to figure it out and get to building it. At 11pm I broke down and purchased the scoop. Lol. That buys me more time. :thumbsup:

Michael Fling

Supporter
20150929_140846_zps473wbig8.jpg
[/URL]

Cardboard layout. Reverse scoop with layered alum fins on exit. I like, but not in this variation.

I through in the towel last night and broke down and bought a scoop that is nearly exact to my last pic. Will have something solid to mock up more stuff when that gets here in a couple weeks.
So, back off of body work and back to mechanicals![/QUOTE]

I like your direction with the layered fins. What if you had air inlets on each side of of the area in front of the fins? This could allow a transition from that area down to the body. Not sure I am explaining it well... but I can see it in my fragile mind.

Back