Scotts build thread

I like the idea. I spent some time staring at mine, wondering if I could incorporate something like that. After several minutes the proverbial voice in my head said "quit staring off into space and get back to work". If my garage was a production area my boss would have fired me long ago for the inefficiencies!

A.J.

Ya, I spend a bit of time staring. Usually it heads me in a direction though. My direction lately has been ordering parts, getting them, installing, then finding out a better way to do it, order more parts, get them, install. Then to come up with a completely different way.

Scott, Have you ever used short strand or long strand reinforced fiberglass body filler? It works great for bonding parts together. Very strong.

Have used it tons of times. Works good as a filler/adhesive if you are going to be doing more layering over it. I have some 2 part epoxies for when you need really need to get some fiberglass to stick.
When I put the wing to the decklid, I will epoxy it together, then big fill with long strand, then finish in lightweight bondo.

Neat, I'm kind of wondering how the SLC will look with this modern LMP touch. What other major changes are in store?

Will be adding on behind the rear wheels also. I think i have the rear tail lights figured out, but not 100%. Front will get redone. The lines will be something like an Enzo, but wider center section.
Just gonna start cutting and see what happens! Lol.

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Changes the roof line, but improves the stability.....what's better, looks or function?
Sometimes great function doesn't look all that bad......sometimes it somehow becomes better looking after it wins races!

Attachments

• Audi-R18-LMP1.jpg
    Audi-R18-LMP1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 479
  • Porsche 919.jpg
    Porsche 919.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 442
Scott. I like the idea a lot and have been pondering something similar myself, but I was thinking of following the body line more and not be as high. I like the look of this.
scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-scg003s-006-1.jpg

big_thumb_fe0cf7d36e1761544cdb8bf01151cc0b.jpg

Ya, those shots it doesn't look to good with the race tail. I did a quick mock up of the rear fenders extended 15" in rear and roughly set wing. It looks ALOT better.
I won't fasten or cut anything in until the rear fenders are made, then decide.

I'm personally not a fan of the current P cars with the BHF (Big Honkin' Fin). I know it is functional, but it just looks bad.

I'd have to see Scott's with the full finished look to have an opinion. As it stands currently I think it looked better without. It does however make it a unique car!

It will be tough to pull off. The body lines of the newer lmp cars is so low, it is nearly impossible to get the full look in a car that can drive on the street. Looking at the front fender line and roof line of a new lmp car, you can really only see directly in front of you. Fine when you just need to worry about tunnel vision type speeds and hitting apexes, deadly when you have to pull into traffic on a street car.
I have to do something to cover the intake, so something will be going there, but not sold on the center wing quite yet myself. Adding behind the rear wheels does really bring it back into proportion though. I think that will be a must as I really like the rear treatment on the Aspira.

The paint on the car also changes the lines abit too, so I think I will have to "dress it in suede" pretty quick to take that part out of the equation.

I have been studying the hell out of super and hyper car designs for months now, and trying to figure out what components really stand out. Basically, it is so vast in designs that it really is hard to put a finger on it. A Gumpert Apollo has not one piece in common with an Ariel Atom, but they both look good in their own right. The list goes on and on. I am trying to look at the SLC as not an SLC. But, a canvass to try to come up with my own design. So, while it is hard to not compare to the original design, after enough mods it really becomes it's own car. Granted at the chance of narrowing the market of the car since tastes can very greatly.
I have decided the car will be sold right when finished. Trying to do this work in a 3 car garage is for the birds anymore. I need to get into a larger property and a large shop if I continue to do this. I would need to sell car to make that happen currently. So, in that respect, just getting it finished and going becomes potentially the best option and forgoing the 6-7 months of body mods that may make it tougher to sell. I will be forced to buy another one though, since there still really is no other car bang for the buck that can do what it does!

Last edited:
I havn't mentioned it until now, but this is another car I currently am building. My first car, a 67 Camaro. Twin turbo ls2, Viper T56, 350Z rear irs, custom built rear frame, Speedtech full front subframe. Making a full steel widebody for it and flat bottom car. 8" wider in rear and 6" wider in front.
The other day I started looking at getting into a Gen 3 Viper since I want a cool car to drive while building these. It is at that moment I succumbed to my addiction. Something has to go or I need a 3-4,000sq ft shop to continue. Also, currently building up a Polaris RZR1000. Full custom cage, custom doors (only one side made since lack of time), stereo, and about all the useful add ons a guy would need. Owned 1 year, driven 3 times since no time to enjoy.
Month off went to crap since working most of this week and another big job starting Monday and can't find a guy to hire in this recent explosion of work in the area.
Probably just venting and will be back to normal tomorrow, but dam, I overload myself sometimes! Lol.

That car gonna be a beast. I love those 60s Camaros. My buddy in high school had an RS with a few bolt on mods. Man it had a wicked growl.

Love the viper. I just picked up a gen4 acr. Looks great. Awesome performance. It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. You definitely should get one. Highly recommended. ;)

Back