Scotts build thread

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Before actually cutting, I was going to look into filler relocation feasibility to make those louvers larger towards the front.

'Forgot about that pesky thing. Filler relocation wouldn't be a picnic, that's for sure...but undoubtedly 'could be done (if only by following the "bigger hammer" theory/philosophy of car building).

What about designing/incorporating a 'hinge' mechanism so that the louvers that cross over the top of the 'cap could be swung out of the way? That would appear to be a far simpler 'solution' to the lopsided visual symmetry problem?

Looking at car again, I can go forward a couple more inches, and still have an inch + gap to the filler opening on passenger side.
These are pretty much quick pullings of the tape to get an idea of the balance, and making sure it is something to follow or ditch. As history has shown, I will do it 4 times first though. Lol.

Came to the realization I will be going on the SLC for atleast another year, Far too long for me to go without a fast car. So, had to pick this little gem up. 2005 SL65 with lots of Renntech goodies and tune. Miles are low, nearly flawless condition, and with the Renntech work done, 705hp and 850ftlbs! Lets just say, it is tough to drive in the rain.
This should tide me over until the SLC is done.

Hyder

Supporter
Love the AMG65s!!
Thats a Monster you got there. I've actually got an S65 And a CL65! Dont ask why...... Im addicted to that V12 Biturbo power.
There's a guy in Germany I know that has actually put this V12 Engine in an SLC!! Build is still in progress.

It definately is a monster. I have only had time to drive it twice so far, but it takes a second to get used to that torque. Just a slight roll into the throttle gets them spinning. Even at 40mph+! The tires will never last long.
It is my first V12. I am pretty amsed at how smooth it is. Can't even feel it idling, and you can't even feel any vibration from idle to accelerating. Just such a well engineered car and one of the best touring cars for the price.

Wow Scott just read your bad wheel experience that sucks but yes the power of the internet, something like this can close the doors of a business if they don't make it right.
I will be letting all my friends know about this F up. When people pay top bucks for something you better get what your paying for, Hope they don't give you grief when they have to refund.
Sounds like the Mimod system I bought into, so glad I got out of that when I did, although Im sure you have much more at stake with these Alum garbage cans.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Grant.

Ya, about that refund. They have had the wheels back for 12 days. They stopped answering the phone when I would call (they use cell phones and can see number) about 7 days ago. The next day I did a card reversal for the final half I paid, but the 50% deposit was Paypal. I started a dispute there also. They have still not responded, and it will be an automatic win in 2-3 more days.
So ya, it has gotten even worse. Too bad these guys couldn't grow a set of nuts and just apologize for their mistake give me my money back right when they got wheels back. They certainly are a company that should not be in business, and I will help that happen.

Time to get to work on the upper rear wing mounts, side splitters, front dive planes, and extending front splitter. A few more little things will be happening to the back, but now it is mostly one color, you can see the direction it is headed.
Rear looks a little light right now in the proportions, but the upper wing, and adding to rear splitter sides should have it balanced imo.

I like it, and best of all it doesn't really look like a copy of anything. A clean and unique looking design. Great job.

Thanks. Ya, that was the trick. Not too much racecar, not strictly street car looking, and something original.
There is still a couple areas that bug me, but I think the finished product will look and work good.

Great work. Rear end is coming together. Seems like you keep on working and getting closer to this. This is a really sexy ass and a car needs a great ass.

04-koenigsegg-agera-gtspirit.jpg

46335540.jpg

Back