SL-C #50 Allan's Build

On the Ricardo trans the ballstud on the short arm...the one in the vertical plane requires the ballstud to be moved 5/8 upward if the "cableshift" shifter is being used...the system is supplied with a threaded ballstud and nut so its very simple to do...even for you Alex...
The original Ford GT shifter did not require this obviously...but they became impossible to get on a regualr basis.

Did you end up modifying the transaxle attachment points for the shifter cable? (i.e., drill holes for the threaded ball stud/locknut as opposed to clip on)

I lengthened the actual end rod on the cable shifter at the transaxle end with some threaded rod and tapped a coupler. Works nicely and shifts into all the gears including reverse.
IMGP0999.jpg

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I lengthened the actual end rod on the cable shifter at the transaxle end with some threaded rod and tapped a coupler. Works nicely and shifts into all the gears including reverse.
IMGP0999.jpg

Allan - Nice, simple, easy mod - I like it it! A couple of quick questions - where did you get the mounting plate for the cable attachments and is it welded to the X-brace or attached to the Ricardo?

The car is coming along nicely!
Dave L

I've continued working on the doors, getting the exterior handles on and the door latches/strikers. The doors gapped nicely and go up and down without any rubbing. And both doors installed the same and fit properly.

I also got the hidden aerocatch latches installed, the engine air intake and the front splitter.

IMGP1034.jpg

IMGP1036.jpg

IMGP1039.jpg

IMGP1040.jpg

IMGP1045.jpg

IMGP1031.jpg

Allan,

Very inspiring. Makes me wish there was a build sitting in our garage.

Quick question. . . what are your plans for the roof scoop. . . into the cabin or back to the engine bay? What does RCR provide to facilitate either?

Looking forward to more updates. You may just make another sale for Fran :)

Cheers,

Ruth

Ruth, with the interior package there is a headliner panel that covers the roll cage and has a dropped center section for the roof scoop. It may be made functional or not. Up to the builder. A couple of builders fabricated an "extra" panel which will fit inside and bond to the roof, covered by the headliner part to make both fresh air and engine air possible. Mine will feed engine air only.

Yes, still moving along nicely. After fitting all the body parts and doors I took every back apart and built some body bucks to hold the body.
Since I'm going to paint it I block sanded the whole body back with 220, then sprayed it with some high build 2K primer.
Then I put on a dry guide coat and wet sanded that until the guide coat was gone with 400.
Now I just have have to decide what color it's going to be.

Also I got the handbrake system installed.

IMGP1107.jpg

IMGP1109.jpg

IMGP1106.jpg

IMGP1090.jpg

Thinking about a Viper lighter blue, the Viper GT blue or maybe even an orange after seeing how great Fran's looked in green.
I put everything back together this weekend to make sure that everything fit properly then secured the main body to the frame.

IMGP1122.jpg

IMGP1121.jpg

IMGP1123.jpg

Spent the day on Sunday working with my custom welder. I basically helped hold things in place while he worked some magic and got the whole system tacked together. The exhaust will be exited downwards through the diffuser for some sound lessening and looks. The system includes custom headers, cats, and race mufflers.
IMGP1153.jpg

IMGP1150.jpg

IMGP1150.jpg

IMGP1074.jpg

Back