SL-C #50 Allan's Build

Engine is running

Got the exhaust system back from getting it ceramic coated and put it all back together. After priming the oil pump I pushed the start button and it just jumped to life. First start is always such a thrill. If you click on the first picture the video should start, sorry it's so dark.

IMGP1229.jpg

IMGP1228.jpg

IMGP1222.jpg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks and sounds great Allen !!
Keep up the excellent work. I enjoy your reading your posts.

Regards Brian

Sounds Sweet! Is that idling around 950 rpms? Stock ECU? Did you have to modify anything to get the intake to fit under the race tail?

Sounds Sweet! Is that idling around 950 rpms? Stock ECU? Did you have to modify anything to get the intake to fit under the race tail?

It idles right around 900 with the stock ECU for the LS376. The intake just fits underneath the tail and the air filter starts just past the rear upper brace so I didn't have to modify it.

First drive

So today was the day to take it for its first drive. My driveway is almost exactly a quarter mile long which makes it very tempting to test it out.

I am very impressed with how good the steering felt, how it rode, responded around the turns and its eagerness to take off. Everything felt really tight and there is no question that this is a super car.

Here's a little taste of what it was like.

RCR SL-C :: SL-C FIRST DRIVE video by allanffr - Photobucket

RCR SL-C :: SL-C FIRST DRIVE video by allanffr - Photobucket

Wow, thats a milestone, congrats! Under 6 months too. How many hours a week do you think you put into it?

Allan would have been driving 2 months earlier if I didn't have to make 4 proto's of the headers. I held him up. He flies through the builds. I could only go to his house a couple of weekends a month, so a lot of time would pass between protos. I finally resorted to UPS'ing him the headers to test for interference. :stunned: Luckily my schedule freed up some the last month or so for the rest of the summer.

Note to self: Do not create custom headers w/out the car in your garage. Or stop tweaking and trying to improve on what you mocked up in the first place. OCD...

I think the car uses the 'street' tail, judging from the exhaust exit and those brackets bolted to the lower rear chassis. (?)

The exhaust exits down through the diffuser slightly pointed toward's each other. This was done to help quiet the exhaust. You can barely see it with the rear clip on.

Yes I am using a street tail, although I do have the race tail set up also.
As the car sits now I have 186 hours logged in on it and I put about 20 hours a week on it.

The headers and exhaust system were well worth the wait. They fit correctly, look awesome and sound great. They are also properly engineered for optimal power. Having the cats and mufflers were also allow me to be legal.

Very nice Alan! I like the silver stripes. I haven't decided on a contrasting color for my midnight blue base or the pattern.

Congrats Alan
First SLC with a more than basic paint design, looks cool. Look forward to seeing it all together in the sun. Did you stripe the roof?

Back