SL-C Wheels and Tires

For the standard wheels 18X9.5 front and 19X12 rear I've gathered that the tire sizes are 275/35/18 and 325/30/19 respectively. What are the correct sizes for the upgraded wheels 18X10 (or 18X11) front and 18X13 (or 18X14) rear.

Are the offsets and back spacing for either option standard C6 Z06?

Just researching tires and contemplating options.

Thx.

The option wheels are 11(10) x 18 and 13 x 18...(14 will not fit)
295 35 18 front and 345 30 18 rear...

Backspacing is not Corvette on the CCW wheels

Thanks for the information.

There are many, many tire manufacturers out there, but am I the only one that is finding 2-3 options for the standard wheel, and even fewer for the upgraded wheels? In fact I think I only found one option for those.

What are you folks doing for tires?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'm about to buy the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position RFT for my mainly street driven SL-C build that is coming up next year (standard size wheel). It's getting great reviews on the CORVETTE FORUM for being a nice performing, quiet, and moderately price tire option. Fran has them installed on the "hugger orange" car. Here's a picture from my recent visit to his business.

IMG_0063.jpg

The RE50A is a great tire. I have driven them on a BMW M3 on Salzburgring. It was raining heavily that day and was still able to pull up to 1 g in the wet in some corners.
Amazing grip and feedback in wet conditions
TOM

The option wheels are 11(10) x 18 and 13 x 18...(14 will not fit)
295 35 18 front and 345 30 18 rear...

Backspacing is not Corvette on the CCW wheels
Would 275/35-18 & 335/30-18 work? Both of Toyo's R comps are available in both of those sizes.

What if I wanted to drive the car to the track and I live in a state where Hoosiers aren't allowed on the street? What would be the ideal tire and sizes for performance at the track while still being streetable?

edit: dry weather

Last edited:
I have also used Pilot Sports cup R compounds..from Michelin..

Pirelli Pzero Corsa also in R compounds

Also depends upon which wheel size you may be running.

We've been researching this a bit while trying to figure out the budget for a potential build. For us budget minded street oriented folks that won't be on the track and don't need every last bit of performance we've found the following.

For the standard wheels it looks like Nitto Invos are the most affordable option now that General Exlaim UHPs have been discontinued. General is apparently coming up with a replacement later in the year. The Nitto NT05 (?) seems a little cheaper, but I don't think they make them in a size that fits. Its a big jump up in price after that. The folks on the Corvette forums seemed to like the Nittos and the Generals as alternatives to the Goodyears that came on the Z06.

For the upgraded wheels, the BF Goodrich seem to be the most affordable, but I have no clue what the reputation is on that tire. But if you're upgrading wheels, then cost of the tires probably isn't as big a consideration for you.

I know nothing about the racier end of the tire spectrum, so the 10/10ths guys building track rockets can maybe speak to what works and what doesn't in that context.

Ther Racer uses ALMS GT2 race tyres..Dunlop slicks 310/710/18 rears on a 13 wide wheel and 285/660/18 front on 11 wide front wheel...same as our optional upgrade wheel for the street SL-C.
The racer pics posted elsewhere are with Dunlop race wets mounted , due to the soggy trip to Mid Ohio..
As I have mentioned previously...the racer is an SLC chassis with the same suspension pick up points....race on Sunday and sell on Monday

We've been researching this a bit while trying to figure out the budget for a potential build. For us budget minded street oriented folks that won't be on the track and don't need every last bit of performance we've found the following.

For the standard wheels it looks like Nitto Invos are the most affordable option now that General Exlaim UHPs have been discontinued. General is apparently coming up with a replacement later in the year. The Nitto NT05 (?) seems a little cheaper, but I don't think they make them in a size that fits. Its a big jump up in price after that. The folks on the Corvette forums seemed to like the Nittos and the Generals as alternatives to the Goodyears that came on the Z06.

For the upgraded wheels, the BF Goodrich seem to be the most affordable, but I have no clue what the reputation is on that tire. But if you're upgrading wheels, then cost of the tires probably isn't as big a consideration for you.

I know nothing about the racier end of the tire spectrum, so the 10/10ths guys building track rockets can maybe speak to what works and what doesn't in that context.

I wouldn't want to run those BFG tires - I had briefly thought about it (because of the price point) but the mustang guys say they're 0 for tire wear and will just chuck stones everywhere....not very good for driving on normal roads. Track sure, but not normal roads.

FYI, as I understand it if the tire is DOT legal every state accepts it. DOT is the federal standard that states adhere to.

Back