SLC at VIR 13 hour Oct 29th

Ron Earp

Admin
Hope he doesn't run out of fuel, looks like he is slowing to extend the runtime. And the cool down lap is long, plus pit road and impound. They might be pushing after the checker.

They must have told Ryan to back off or something. He appears to be in 'bring it home' mode. The faster BMW just took the lead with 6 minutes left. Three cars on the same lap after 13 hours. Pretty good.

Race over. the 01 SLC finished 3rd overall and 3rd in class! Absolutely fantastic race! Nice job guys!

Congratulations to the RCR crew! Third place with a handicapped car. The top three all on the same lap.

:chug:

Wow this is the best race i have ever watched with ever seing any of it.
The up dates were great, thanks all. Hay fran , congrats. Hope to see you at hyper fest next year.
Cheers mate.

OK lets say .... if the RCR crew had to stop every half hour for fuel, and say the BMW stopped every hour...then the SLC would have had between a 32 to 38 MINUTE lead!

Steve

Supporter
Very impressive. A real indication of the chassis Fran has designed. I'm curious the HP the two Bimmers had. I would bet they had a 100hp advantage. Even with that it wouldn't have been close if the SLC had more than a 10gal tank.

Congrats to the team, excellent result - it is so hard to finish ANY endurance race.
3 cars on the lead lap after 13 hrs. - what an exciting race.
I'm sure the boys had a great time.
Can't wait for the 25.
Great job Fran & team on overcoming some issues & almost winning.

OK lets say .... if the RCR crew had to stop every half hour for fuel, and say the BMW stopped every hour...then the SLC would have had between a 32 to 38 MINUTE lead!

But didn't you guys say above the BMW was sandbagging hardcore?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Congrats to Fran and team! You really had to see teh SLC run to get the full picture. I watched a restart around noon and the SLC and the Caddy started nose to tail at the end of the field. Maybe 3 laps in the SLC had passed the ENTIRE field while the Caddy was just half way through.

I need to go look at the BMW times. I qualified around (ahead I think) of both and do not remember them as overly powerful cars. I think Fran had in the 400 hp range and I seriously doubt the BMWs were anywhere near that. If they are ex-WTC cars they are probably around 300 whp, but very well prepped and driven. More later after I examine the results.

But still, if the SLC had been able to stay out a reasonable amount of time -- say 90 minutes or so -- per fuel stint it would have won handily.

Back