Snap Vent Placement...

Kim Haun

Supporter
I’m trying to decide the best placement for the snap vents in my side windows. I’ve read all of the threads regarding these vents but wonder what opinions might be out there about the best placement. Obviously, putting them in the small vent doors would be the easiest and less frightening installation but I want to optimize a comfortable airflow. Here’s a photo of my three alternative positions. Pros and cons? I’m using the Vent type pictured.

Thanks again everyone!

Kim
7511A8AE-A055-459F-A0E1-8BC0B851EB84.jpeg
0D0C9F66-1D82-4617-B745-53CD34B324CD.jpeg

position C will likely obscure side vision and rear view vision wouldn't it?
Position B might be a bit to close to the shoulder and ear for my liking.

im with Frank, i would probably go position A.

Kim Haun

Supporter
position C will likely obscure side vision and rear view vision wouldn't it?
Position B might be a bit to close to the shoulder and ear for my liking.

im with Frank, i would probably go position A.
Thanks Ryan,
I have seen a lot of cars with position C and was wondering the same about obscuring side vision. It is, however, positioned to not interfere with the view of the side rear view mirrors.

Kim

Kim Haun

Supporter
Thanks for your replies! It makes me more courageous to drill into the main part of the window. I'm liking position A as well, no side vision obstruction and in front of the driver and passenger for more direct air flow. My only concern with A is whether it will direct too much flow to the face. But I suppose that can be adjusted downward by spinning the vent. I havent riden in a car that has these vents so I don't know how they perform in terms of directing the flow.

Kim

I have mine in position “A”. It helps, but you certainly don’t notice a huge rush of air. On “really” hot days (in Oregon above 70 degrees) I hardly notice it and the cockpit is still hot. (AC Hookup is on my winter “to do” list.) As far as cutting goes. I followed a you tube video on a motorcycle fairing and had no issues. Good luck.

Back