Something is missing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I get to drive it once per week at 6am on Sunday morning. I try to get 50-75 miles. It's really just a rare treat for me. I spend more time cleaning and working on it. Anymore than that and I'll end up in jail :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I figure the main reason I have a GT40 is because I enjoy photography and few things are as appealing to photograph as a GT40 :)

A light mist was in the air as I pulled in to the garage. Made it nice wiping it down with just a little moisture on the surface.

2017091603.jpg

2017091601.jpg

2017091602.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dave. This morning there was snow up high for the first time. I think Silverton got a dusting a couple days ago. Not sure if they shut down Trail Ridge but it's just around the corner. The aspen are turning and I think next week will be the peak. As soon as the leaves fall off it's winter! I hope to get two maybe three more weekends and end up with five or six hundred miles this year. It was abbreviated but has been well worth the wait.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
PS if anyone would like a set of knock-offs or wooden shift knobs, let me know. I make no money and just direct you to some friends who will make them for you. The KOs are much nicer fitting than the OEM SPF units.

PS if anyone would like a set of knock-offs or wooden shift knobs, let me know. I make no money and just direct you to some friends who will make them for you. The KOs are much nicer fitting than the OEM SPF units.

I hadn't noticed until just now that yournhar has the BRM-style knockoffs as used with the BRM six-spoke wheels, as opposed to the Halibrand-style knockoffs, which were used with the Halibrand wheels on Cobras and GT40s.

SPF supplies BRM-style wheels as an option but as far as I know they only supply Halibrand-style knockoffs, which work fine but aren't strictly speaking 'right'.

Nice touch!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone know what the red coupe is? Fiat? It was a great looking car. I see so many nice classics out cruising early Sunday mornings. I'm not the only one setting my alarm for 5am :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GrCd_J-VtLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed. The front wheel arches did not seem as pronounced as the pictures I am seeing online. It looked better to me than those I am seeing on the web.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, really nice looking the one I saw. The front wheel arches are a little strange to me.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Took it out this morning for what will probably be the last drive of the year. Winter storm warning tonight for 16" of snow :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6CsGaJrtBIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back