Southern GT 006

It's no good, I miss my Bike too much! Bikes are in my blood, Dad proved that.

For those Bikers amongst you you will understand where I am coming from. I have been riding bikes since the age of 3 and just can't let go, thought I could but I just can't. I live on a popular biking route and at weekends it's not just my fingers that turn green with envy. I followed a bike the other day around some twisties and knew that I had to get a Bike again.

I've made my mind up to go back to two wheels. This means spending time with my eldest son, something I have been guilty of not doing enough of.

Therefore everything must go!!

Chassis: This is without doubt the best space frame chassis available, certainly in the UK. I no that because I have studied them all in great detail. Panelling is ready for fitting in the engine bay along with the belly skin.
Suspension parts including original spec John Wisher Uprights, all radius arms, rose joints, front and rear shocks and attaching bolts are in perfect order. Polyurethane sealing compound and rivets also. I can split but would prefer to sell complete.

Wheel Hubs: John Wisher wheel hubs ready to be machined.

Body: Chris Melia Lightweight. Again this has been finished to a very high standard. All parts are there and in excellent condition.

Engines: Two 289 engines. 1964 and 1966 Mustangs. One engine is in bits and has 0.040" O/B with new pistons, rings, bearings and camshaft. The later 1966 is standard and just needs a standard rod and piston. Heads are steel, one set are worked and has dropped a valve at some time.

Gearbox: R21. Standard and has been completely stripped and rebuilt by professional company.

Gauges: Not Smiths. 200mph mechanical speedo.

Various other bits and pieces as well.

Jump the line, it's a damn good package. Mick Sollis is a great engineer and has developed a great car. I've made a mistake in thinking I could forget the Bikes, sorry.

Graham Inchley.

Graham,

That's a real shame you're not able to complete the build. I'm sure it will be a cracking start for someone.

Simon

Graham,
That's a real shame... if only I had the money, space and the GTD finished already I'd be driving over to buy it!! For the lucky person who buys it, they will be very happy. I have some of Mick's parts on my GTD in build and they are first class.

Brett

Hi,
Am I to understand that you have this GT-40 for sale? if so please respond I mite be interested in buying it from you.
Thanks,
Bob

All the best Graham. You only get one shot at life, and need to run with what you want to do most. Sympathies with the GT40 build ending,

Dalton

Price for all is £9.5K. Prices for individual parts are negotiable

Thank you for all the well wishes. I shall be running a GT before I pop my cloggs but not just yet. Life is just too full at the moment.

Keith

Sorry to hear of your decision Graham, I was very much looking forward to seeing this build in the flesh so-to-speak. :(

Personally, I have only just realised how easily I gave up many things in life and how hard it subsequently became to restore the status quo "later" when circumstances and priorities changed.

Hi Graham,
I don't know if you got my email I sent you but I was looking for a list of everything that goes with your kit and where it stands in the build process right know.
Thanks,
Bob

For those that have requested some shots here is the work completed so far:

Attachments

• DSC01167.jpg
    DSC01167.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC01165.jpg
    DSC01165.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC01171.jpg
    DSC01171.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC01175.jpg
    DSC01175.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC01176.jpg
    DSC01176.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC01177.jpg
    DSC01177.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 476
Car is sold. Thank you for paying an interest. Is going to a good home for sure and I wish the new owner all the very best luck in the world in continuing with the build and eventual driving experience.

I have bought this weeks Motorcycle News. I recommend you go out and buy it because it is the 100th TT Races this year and there are some excellent stories from over the years.

Best regards,
Graham Inchley.

Back