SouthernGT No6

Well the car went to the painters back in May it was planned to take 3 months, popped into see the car yesterday and it is expected to be back to me before April, so only 9 months longer than expected ;).

I was starting to get a little impatient until a wise friend reminded me "As long as you get a good paint job out of them that’s what matters.
It’s the only thing you actually see when it’s done." So here are a few not very detailed pictures to show progress is being made, also show Bob and his friend (who worked for TVR in Blackpool making the moulds for production cars) discussing some of the finer points on their work so far.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 680
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 664
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 618
I would say that is taking the mickey.....my GTD was painted in 10 days and an absolutely cracking job was done of it.

Can’t really disagree with Simon.
I would have hoped for a tad more progress by now!
Fingers crossed mate.

It's a difficult one I'll agree. The body is not a Lee Dawson one so needed a lot of work, the clips are not in the pictures but are done. I only have a single garage that already has a car in it so having free storage over winter has been a bit of a blessing, it has also given me some time to save up to pay for it :). So it would have been nice to have had it back in September but at the moment the delay is not a disaster.

Some real progress on the body work at last. as my dad used to say all good things come to those that wait, There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 520
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 535
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 499
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 546

NickD

Supporter
Seriously good looking bodywork and alignment there. I'm just in the process of fitting mine, hope it turn out as good.

“Good things come to those who wait”.
Told you not to worry.
Ok, I was worried but it’s looking really good Nick.
Are you at the next meeting?
I actually managed to turn up for the last one.

Seriously good looking bodywork and alignment there. I'm just in the process of fitting mine, hope it turn out as good.
Thanks Nick although Bob (Lotus expert) and Mick (ex TVR) have done all the work. The body is a lightweight Chris Melia one, and it's not a criticism it's just different to some others so needed a lot more work to align things.

“Good things come to those who wait”.
Told you not to worry.
Ok, I was worried but it’s looking really good Nick.
Are you at the next meeting?
I actually managed to turn up for the last one.

Hi Bob, thanks I never had any worries honest ;) should definitely be there at the next meeting if all goes according to plan, hope you are you allowed out to play again ;)

Bit of a teaser from a test of my paint (front clip insert). Linden Green seems to take the form of several shades as per the pictures attached, all I can say is my Linden Green was matched from an original sample from a creditable source, so I am sticking to that ;)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 510
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 5520899470_40e13d85a7_z.jpg
    5520899470_40e13d85a7_z.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 559
  • AigxZzeJ.jpg
    AigxZzeJ.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 551

Shaun

Supporter
Looking really nice Nick, just starting my body fit, was down at SGT today and saw Mick for some top tips, plus of curse to pick up some extra bits, Xmas has come early :)

With the car freshly painted thought I had better come up with a plan to avoid the possibility of scratching when pushing it out of the garage :)

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Nick,
After your teaser from early April I thought your video would unravel your freshly painted 40 in a very dramatic way!!!

So please have mercy with us....

Back