SPF GT40 P2129 to be auctioned no rsv.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Auctions

Here's another two vehicles scheduled to be auctioned in Monterey: An original 1968 Gulf/Mirage GT40, which some speculate could bring $8m, but it's difficult to believe. Whatever it sells for, it would be nice to know how much value was brought because of the fame of the owner, and how much was relegated to the car. The other: A 1967 expected to bring 2 to 3 Mil.

Steve McQueen 'Le Mans' Film Car 1968 Ford GT40 Heads To Auction At RM Monterey

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting. Wonder if we'll ever learn the ultimate selling price? Robert

All the auction houses post their results after the auctions, although it can take a couple weeks to get them up online sometime. IIRC you need to go through a simple e-mail registration for R&S to get access.

Julian

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
All the auction houses post their results after the auctions, although it can take a couple weeks to get them up online sometime. IIRC you need to go through a simple e-mail registration for R&S to get access.

Julian

Interesting facts on a segment of that business which always intrigues me. Thanks for sharing.

If this car was built as a Mk 1 it would certainly have appeal. But who wants a big-block body car with a small, 302 small-block? :huh:

Somebody clearly failed to tick the right boxes on the order form! :laugh:

:laugh:

Yea, but some of the $8M goes toward the two front conards!

Uh...I was talking about the SPF GT40...like the title says. :)

I think $8 million would be a major stretch for the rebuilt camera car, but we'll see what the market has to say next week!

Sold for $64,000.

Plus 10% for Russo Steel plus freight makes it about $70,800 back here to the east coast. NO title only a bill of sales. May have registration problem.
Who is the lucky winner? I was going to bid, but bought another MkII.
Grady

Jeff P2302

Supporter
Click on the link on the first post and you will see the links to the front
and back of the MSO and dyno sheet from the engine bulder.(lower right corner of page)

This vehicle had 50 miles or less on the odo. This is an extremely poor showing and reflects how soft the market is at this time. It didn't even recover its cost as a roller, let alone the cost of the engine, trans, build cost, etc. Very sad.

Mike

Back