SPF MKI #2214 build

Personally, I love the color! I think it looks awesome. You build is coming along great. Did you switch to a different shift cable system? I thought you said you did. Could you take a few more pictures of that and post them for us to see?

Again, great job!

Hi Jack, I will check the temp probe tube under the dash, I need about another foot (where have I heard that before?).
Tim, these hounds have the love market pretty well cornered, but thanks for your concern!
Dean, there is an earlier post with a picture of the different parts that Olthoff supplies for the shifter.
Also on the shifter I moved the left side cable up about an inch so that I would have more room for the coolant pipes.
Dave

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
David you measure yours and I will measure mine and if mine is longer I will trade you out. I couldn't see the gauges at night so I changed them all out. Also Mike Drew reminded me that its the law to have license plate light, I just put mine in, just a thought while your doing the install. I would hate to get pulled over just for that.

Hi Jack, thanks for the offer on the gauge, I might change it out later.
I noticed the wiring for the license plate is there and will get it hooked up.
Made the alternator brackets and a spacer for the crank pulley yesterday, very little left to do.
Dave

The car is just sitting there ready to make some noise!
I shortened the AC hoses, I put soundproofing everywhere, I have wired up the Chase Cam, I have spark,full coolant, fuel pressure and oil pressure.
I am running out of busy work! I set up the rear suspension, adjusted the ride height and just need to push it off the rack to do the front alignment and install the outside mirrors.
I enjoy working on this thing but am ready to shake up the neighbors, exhaust pipes are somewhere between Capetown and LA and once I have them it will be running the same day!
Dave

It's alive!
I received the exhaust pipes saturday and installed them and cranked the thing up.
the engine seems to have survived the crash of the CAV ok and sounds great, the smaller flywheel and clutch assembly seems to have enhanced the throttle response.
I couldn't drive it because i have a small oil leak at the flexible line behind the oil pressure gauge and I need to make a new cold air box aoround the webers.
I am out of suitable sheet aluminum for the box and am picking that up today.
The oil pressure line (which is plastic) will be replaced wih a stainless piece.
The only real potential complication is the new hydraulic t/o bearing is making noise and I will probably have to dissassemble the whole damn thing and change that out.
Other than that all is good!
Dave

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
David its a bear to get to, hope you survive the change out.

Don't change out the throw out bearing as of yet, if its a McLeod then it will make noise up to 1000 miles till the teeth of the pressure place mate correctly with the bearing. I had the same problem as many others on this forum and called McLeod and followed there recommendation and I don't have the noise anymore.

Hi Jack, it is not good to diagnose things late at night after a day in the garage.
Next day I looked at it all again and fixed the oil leak by removing the gauge (not easy in this car) and tightening the fitting.
The noise has nothing to do with the throwout bearing and as soon as I make the heat shield it is ready to drive.
Life is good!
Dave

Further updates on #2214.
I was able to run the car for about an hour before the MSD 7530T expired, I sent it back to MSD, they repaired it but it failed the burn in and they are sending me a new box.
Should be able to update this build next week.
Dave

Back