SPF p2348

Keith

Re: p2348

Great dyno numbers Steve! I'm also betting you'll be up and running before Mike :laugh:

Keith

Er, a pint at my local....but you've got to come here and collect if you win....:drunk:

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations, Steve. Rick has pointed you in the right direction with that color. It's fantastic.

Steve

Supporter

Home at last.....

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 696

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Er, a pint at my local....but you've got to come here and collect if you win....:drunk:
Unless Steve is super duper fast, you're going to be buying soon old-timer :)

Congrats Steve! Don't install your engine until after the end of next week ha.

Steve

Supporter

Uhhh, "automobiles", "cars", "super duper fast", and "Steve Meletiou" have never been used together in the same paragraph for any reason.......unfortunately.

RH drive and RH shift is absolutely the ticket. You won't believe how well it shifts...like working the bolt action on a high quality rifle.

Jack

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Wow Steve.... Gorgeous!!!!!
I'd love a ride some day!

Steve

Supporter

Randy, your on! We'll see how long it takes me to fettle out the details.

Lee, here's a few more

Steve

Supporter

Here's a few more

Attachments

• DSC00657.jpeg
    DSC00657.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 622
  • DSC00658.jpeg
    DSC00658.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC00659.jpeg
    DSC00659.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC00656.jpg
    DSC00656.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 675

Steve, why does it look like everyone is so cold there?! lol

My P/2334 air conditioning is working overtime! :)

Steve

Supporter

Will post more pictures in the next week or so. Right now, everything is taken apart. So far I'm:

1. Changing out a front coolant pipe for one with a petcock to make it easier to drain the coolant system. Yeah, I know, the shopvac method works great but I can't pack it in the trunk for when I'm not at home.

2. Changing out Wilwoods for Tiltons. I really don't want to deal with a leak so better now than later. I'm capping off the Girling reservoirs and will just leave them in.

3. Changing out the bushing for the gas pedal. It's a simple brass bushing with grease on it. I agree with Mike, looks amateurish. Can't argue with how well it's worked for so many but I also wonder how many people experience a little sticking here and there. I'm having the LuftKraft boys fashion a sealed bearing version.

Still waiting for a few items from Olthoff. The front dress kit isn't quite right. I'm not sure why the water pump pulley and the crank pulley aren't lining up. I'm pretty sure I have the short water pump so I don't think that's it. Also, missing a bracket from the water pump to the dry sump bracket.

Interested in some ideas/viewpoints:

1. I'm planning to mount the MSD on the back of the panel behind the drivers seat. Anyone have any pictures of this? a little concerned about the lack of airflow in the battery box and the brake ducts prevent mounting on top of the box. Any special shielding needed for the wiring to the coil/distributor?

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 585

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Steve, I don't think mine even had the brass bushing. It just flopped around on the bolt. Lots of slop. Regarding the MSD box, I swapped out my MSD for a Pertronix. Everything is built into the distributor. No box to mount or mess with.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

I've seen MSD boxes perform just fine when mounted in gloveboxes. You should be fine as long as you have isolation monts (vibration) and ground connections.

Steve

Supporter

Any thoughts on mounting in the battery box? I'm using a Braille battery and there would be adequate space. I know Terry has done this, seemingly without any issues. The access would be far better than behind the seat, although the air circulation wouldn't be as good. Not sure that really matters at all.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

are you opposed to mounting battery in the passenger foot well? No particular issues in my car other than immediate access.

Back