Steve's GT-R Build Thread

Steven Lobel

Supporter
I like your custom exhaust flanges better than mine. I may have to persuade H to make me a set. Your car is coming along nice. Are you planning on leaving the gel coat finish? I like the color with the wheels.

That was the plan. But with the large amount of prep and bodywork, im sure it will wind up painted or wrapped. One step at a time. Might paint it grabber blue with white stripes over the gelcoat.

Jared V

Supporter
I should have said “exhaust collector” rather than flange.

Who are you planning on having tune the engine?
Figured I would ask since your local.

Last edited:
Tire and wheel size is really important on the GTR for a good overall look.
in the pictures below the orange and grey wheel are the same diameter and both 30s but the wider tire on the grey wheel gets a 3/4" greater overall diameter

Dx64Hh.jpg

vVsqEG.jpg

It all helps with the overall look

Steve's splitter mods done note that there is no hardware hanging down from the flat bottom of the car. well other than the ones holding the pedal box in place, I may have to take care of that for you too Steve.

The body is now lined up in the right place, with all the front re assembled. now working on the door hinge alignment and shimming.

fmtW8T.jpg

XsBkOl.jpg

Steven Lobel

Supporter
Thanks H. Looks great. For the pedal box, I think I already tapped the floor, so I would just need the right bolts and loctite. I hope.

Waiting on new shifter from Fran, should be coming soon. Would love for you to get that and mount it proper (weld). My rivnuts were going to rub the tank.

Thanks H. Looks great. For the pedal box, I think I already tapped the floor, so I would just need the right bolts and loctite. I hope.

Waiting on new shifter from Fran, should be coming soon. Would love for you to get that and mount it proper (weld). My rivnuts were going to rub the tank.

Pedal box is tapped, not the floor

Steven Lobel

Supporter
Looking great sir. If you can get the pedal box mounted down without those bolts out the bottom, please do it. Hoping to get a hold of a new style shifter from Fran and have you put it on the tunnel.

IMG_1670.jpg

Front wheel arch Installed, for any one fitting my wheel arches these next photos may help a little.
The rear of the front arch sits onto the top of the rocker about 3/4" back from the front edge, most of this area should be pretty well trimmed when you get them, as is the outside edge that fits around the wheel arch. you will have to do a bit of trimming around the splitter as all of these may vary in there position a little. again it should sit about 3/4" to an 1" ahead of the rear edge of the splitter. I bond and rivet a 3/4 x3/4 aluminum angle to the splitter and rocker onto which the arch is bolted, just one bolt front and one rear is all they seem to need, as you will find out they are pretty well wedged in.

IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg

Front of rear wheel, this gets four attachment points, again it fits about an inch ahead of the rear of the rocker, and the trim should be pretty good.
Once the aluminum tabs are fabricated and in place I tape up the back of the arch and wet out a few layers of glass fiber on a board then stick the whole lot to the back side of the rocker.

Back