Swedish Gt40

surely fro someone of our forum,the pictures are impressive.
From the WEBSITE i cannot understand if is another replica manifacturer.

To me those seems really too nice..damn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Paolo-Italy

Yep - Goran is delivering both replica kits as well as the monocoque - and yes - they are nice indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The monocoque is maybe not pricey but a lot of money and if you have that money you get a lot for it. I have seen it and the drawings also and they are accurate. The replica is on the other hand a great alternative and competetive priced i believe. The frame is also very nicely designed.

Pedal to the metal
Henrik

Just to have an idea...what is Goran's standard price for a tubolar 302 gt40 done by him?Can he also roadplate the car up there with an EU plate?Here for me isnt possibleplate a self done car.

Paul

Paul, i have received the price yesterday, and they are correct for me.
i haven't information about roadplate for this car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

price are: 80.000 SEK+ VAT for the basekit, 100.000 SEK+ VAT for the deluxkit.

"goran says : The base version has chassie, body, all aluminium panels, all wishbones, rear uprights+ hubs, fuelcaps, bellhousing and much more. The delux one has also front spindels and shockabsorbers and are a rolling chassie"

regards
Olivier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Oliver
Those prices are very good
The Delux kit comes in at about £7500 at current exchange rate (US$13200)(EUR 10900)

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Olivier

Apologies I even got Oliver wrong as he is OLIVER!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As I said those prices are great other manufacturers of GT40s are raising their prices.

Apologies for teh typo!
Ian

Keith

Damn! They are good prices for that kind of quality. Goran strikes me as a fastidious and clever engineer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif He should do well with this kit. Do we in the UK pay Swedish VAT rate or ours? Which is the highest?

So, $13200 for the delux roller? Goran, your english is better than my swedish, are these prices acurate in US dollars? How about a turn-key minus price?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
25% Generally, 12% on food and 6% on culture. There exists the possibility of a refund on export from Scnadinavia into the E.U. but on landing at the first EU country, you may then need to check if VAT is then levied or at the country of destination.
HM Customs in Southend (VAT central unit) can advise.
Dave

yes,
honestly Goran work is impressive and at a very resonable price.
I guess maybe if he can also provide already finished cars (if he works that way over separate parts..the final quality should be too good anyway..).
and being in EU all this seems SO interesting for me

Paul

Rune

Supporter
Last time I visit Goran I think he said 80-90K $ But he do not intend to produce more than 10kit(I may be wrong on this) So if You want to buy a monocoque You also have to commit to build the car exact as the original down to every nut and bolt. Then You talk som more $$$$$$
Regards Rune

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I contacted Goran to find out more about his project. What he is doing is truely amazing and appears to be very accurate and of very high quality IMHO. His goal is to keep his cars fairly exclusive which means producing around 20 units. Unfortunately for me, his kits are out of my price range. For a rolling chassis (less wheels) he mentioned 400,000 - 500,000 SEK which equates to about $52K - $65K. This includes the monocoque chassis, suspension, steering, body, glass, and "many other parts". This is quite a price spread so I'm not sure what the difference is due to or if he has just not decided on a package price. He mentioned that he will be providing an English translation to his web site within a few days. Very impressive.
Dave Lindemann
No GT40 yet - but looking!

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I received a follow-up communication from Goran - who is very responsive BTW. I hope he doesn't mind but here is his email:
Dear Dave! We also have a replica kit MK 1 or 2 priced from 80.000 SEK+ VAT for the base version and 100.000 SEK + VAT For the deluxversion and top of the line a race version with pressed steel roof and race subspension. I soon have an english specification ready so you can see what is included in the kits.
I am assuming this is for a space frame chassis. If the workmanship is similar to what he is doing with the monocoque it should be very nice. I'm anxiously waiting for the details. With the current exchange rate (US) the deluxe kit is around $13K US. The race version sounds interesting too.

Dave Lindemann

Back