The Ashes 2010

A lady walked into a Police Station in Adelaide and the desk Sergeant said "Can I help you?"
"Yes" she said, "I'd like to report a case of sexual assault".
"Where did it happen?" the Sergeant asked.
"In the park just down the road" she replied.
"Can you describe what happened?"
"Yes, I was walking along the footpath in the park near the trees when a man jumped out of the bushes and dragged me in there, removed my underwear, he dropped his pants to his knees and had his way with me".
"Could you give me a description of him?"
"Yes, he was wearing white shoes, long white trousers, a white shirt and he had these two big long pads from his feet up to and over his knees, one on each leg".
"Sounds to me like he was a cricketer, most probably a batsman", said the Sergeant.
"Yes", said the lady, "He was an Aussie Cricketer".
"That's very observant", said the Sergeant, "You worked that out from his accent?"

“No", she replied. "I worked it out because he wasn't in for very long".

So... here we go again - short shifts of sleep interspersed with the radio on listening to Test Match Special...

I'll be asleep at 2.30 in the morning when it all kicks off again, but I can't wait to wake up at 4 am, fire up the radio and see how we're doing :)

Pete,

Let's make a ripper out of this one and make the Ashes as good as the last few have been. There are fewer higher drama's in sport than a great test series!

Graham.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I just woke up again. Sorry Pete, I drank that bottle during the Australia 1st. innings.
But I have another one just in case.

Dear oh dear. Could the Pommy team just say what great blokes we are, and fly quietly back home?

Dalton,

After so long in the wilderness, we must be allowed our minute in the sun :)

Trouble is I don't see the Aussie team rebuilding very quickly. You guys could be in a spot of bother for some time to come...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like several days in the sun coming up. There might be no coming back for Pontings team. I wonder if they might call off the fourth and fifth test to avoid the intense embarassment.
Isn't it nice to be able to turn the screw......

watched the text updates on the website this morning, how good were they. Found an Irish bar in Paris (they really are everywhere) and was able to watch the Sky Highlights start to finish in the space of a couple of beers and a croc monsieur. I am not saying a word but thinking the best of scenarios...

Quite right David - possibly a match winning display by Johnson. We need to skittled them out for very few, otherwise we are staring down the barrel of 1 all.

Well done the Aussies.

Breaking news - Ponting given out and the referall (which he lost) looks VERY harsh. I bet Punter is absolutely ticking...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll tell you what Pete. If Australia wins I'll send you a bottle of Barolo.

Thank you David I will look forward to receiving it.
An amazing turn around by Mitchell Johnston he was bowling absolute crap in Brisbane.
Glued to the T.V all afternoon yesterday apart from trips to the refrigerator between overs. Looks like we have a ball game.
Punter was a bit stiff but he was definitely out.

Last edited:
Oh dear...

Pride comes before a fall...

23 for 1, and a loooooong way to go. All credit to the Aussies. I can't see us chasing this one down...

Back