The Ashes 2010

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
There is no way back. The Australian Captain has been found wanting as well.
How long can he last?
At stumps 444 for 5. Sweet......

Oh dear oh dear....

270 for 5 and the Aussies saw a chink of light...

444 for 5 and the door is now slammed shut. It will take a lot of records to be broken for the Aussies to scramble a draw out of this....

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Punter needs to keep his gob shut too...I for one don't want to see Cricket go the way of football with refs / umpires being abused constantly.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A disgraceful display by Punter, a complete loss of dignity by one of Australia's
best Captains. Sad to see. The game is not over yet but the fat lady is clearing her throat.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Loved the welcome when Ponting came out to bat, though he never seems to last all that long though.
Four more wickets and the Ashes come back to England.

A disgraceful display by Punter, a complete loss of dignity by one of Australia's
best Captains. Sad to see. The game is not over yet but the fat lady is clearing her throat.

Pete,

I just heard her warming up in the background :)

Punter should hopefully be remembered for the fantastic captain that he was. Certainly one of Australia's most successful batsmen, second of all time behind Tendulkar.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
She's singing.
Sorry Pete............. Just having that Barolo.
What an awesome performance.

Yes it was, enjoy the wine. Of course the media are now saying that Ponting
should be sacked! He has gone from hero in Adelaide to zero in Melbourne.
What I find very poor form is the comments of has beens like Geoff Thompson
and Chappel demeaning the performance of the selectors the captain and basically the whole team. Not one positive to be found apparently.

Last edited:

Keith

I am not at all sure that England played fair in this test. After all, it really isn't cricket to whuup the host nation so comprehensively, in fact it's rather rude, and why didn't they deploy England's famous batting collapse tactic that has served them so well in the past?

My local pub is now full of quiet Australians - not at all normal and it's just not the same.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Along similar lines Kieth, the anti-climax is overwhelming and though I have wines of the best, The Ashes is a done deal and I will save them until the next big event for me - the Winwood Clapton Concert on 26th,March 2011. The next Ashes series is some 30 months hence in 2013 I think but we do have England v India in the summer of 2011 which has to be the ultimate series of test matches between,arguably, the two best teams in the world (sorry Australia - your team used to be one of them but no more). Never mind. I will raise a glass of champers on New Years Eve and toast each and every one of you on this web site. It's what I do.

Keith

Along similar lines Kieth, the anti-climax is overwhelming and though I have wines of the best, The Ashes is a done deal and I will save them until the next big event for me - the Winwood Clapton Concert on 26th,March 2011. The next Ashes series is some 30 months hence in 2013 I think but we do have England v India in the summer of 2011 which has to be the ultimate series of test matches between,arguably, the two best teams in the world (sorry Australia - your team used to be one of them but no more). Never mind. I will raise a glass of champers on New Years Eve and toast each and every one of you on this web site. It's what I do.....

Best

:)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Breaking news on TV here - 'Punter' Ponting passed over for Captaincy of the home side for the SCG test AND may not play at all.
HOWZAT !!!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Breaking news on TV here - 'Punter' Ponting passed over for Captaincy of the home side for the SCG test AND may not play at all.
HOWZAT !!!

Not out! Punter is out because of a broken finger and Pup who is vice captain
has taken the reins. Bit of a media beat up your end it sounds like.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It certainly looked as though the final test is turning Englands way again. A few wickets in hand and not a vast amount to equalise and then, dare I say it, go on to declare. We'll see what day three brings though I really would prefer a bit of a fight to the end.

It certainly looked as though the final test is turning Englands way again. A few wickets in hand and not a vast amount to equalise and then, dare I say it, go on to declare. We'll see what day three brings though I really would prefer a bit of a fight to the end.

Not so fast there David old chum....

I could be wrong and may end up eating my words, but I think this one will go down to the wire. Cloudy conditions set for tomorrow for swing, and a wicket that will take spin. I don't think it's going to be a high scoring game. IMO I think this one is very tough to call...

Back