The First Drive Finally!

Well after buying my GT40 about 18 months ago, I finally got to see it for the first time in person. There was a little problem with paperwork and I was only home for 2 weeks so I was not able to get it registered. :( I had to take it up the road, we will say to the inspection station, for about a total of 8 miles.
The gas in the car is a bit stale I think. It seemed to nose over at top revs. I actually could have bumped the limiter. Not sure. I know when you punch the throttle it responds quick. It has a good rush in the upper R's as well. It is a 306ci SBF with AFR heads and 8 stack MOTEC. It did have a little squeal that I believe is a the belt. I will look closer at that when I manage to get back to the US again. I am on a small 2 lane blacktop country road. It is kind of rough in places. There were a couple of the dips in the road that caused a scrape. Not the optimal road for a speed run. It still took it no time to reach 120 mph.
It will be registered next time and I can't wait to get it out on the road. It was a long wait, but I have a big smile.
Oh, it is definately limited in rear view. I will be looking for some larger mirrors. Guess it takes some getting used to. Driving with registration I probably wont be so worried about who is behind me LOL.

Jim

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Guess it takes some getting used to. Driving with registration I probably wont be so worried about who is behind me LOL.
Jim

You're right about it taking time to get used to, but you will always be worried about who is behind you, trust me.

Congratulations!

Mark

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Excellent! Sounds like a much better experience than my first drive... I ran out of gas!
:laugh:

Well after buying my GT40 about 18 months ago, I finally got to see it for the first time in person. There was a little problem with paperwork and I was only home for 2 weeks so I was not able to get it registered. :( I had to take it up the road, we will say to the inspection station, for about a total of 8 miles.
The gas in the car is a bit stale I think. It seemed to nose over at top revs. I actually could have bumped the limiter. Not sure. I know when you punch the throttle it responds quick. It has a good rush in the upper R's as well. It is a 306ci SBF with AFR heads and 8 stack MOTEC. It did have a little squeal that I believe is a the belt. I will look closer at that when I manage to get back to the US again. I am on a small 2 lane blacktop country road. It is kind of rough in places. There were a couple of the dips in the road that caused a scrape. Not the optimal road for a speed run. It still took it no time to reach 120 mph.
It will be registered next time and I can't wait to get it out on the road. It was a long wait, but I have a big smile.
Oh, it is definately limited in rear view. I will be looking for some larger mirrors. Guess it takes some getting used to. Driving with registration I probably wont be so worried about who is behind me LOL.

Jim

Back