The New Era Of Lotus - Revealed

Ambitious, but finally, something!

Every time I look at the Evora I think "Ugh - I'll take an old Esprit v8, thanks."

Now, the entire line up almost makes me forget about the Esprit v8, and definitely makes me forget about the Evora, Elan M100, and Elite Type 75 and Type 83.

Now, which to buy - the Esprit, the Elan, the Elite, or the Elise ...?

Ian

They look fantastic, but they do look a lot like a Lambo. I like the look of a Lambo, but would like to see a new design/shape for Lotus. I hope they sell well and the brand grows from strength to strength, I'm sure they will.

Jas

I didn't see in the article about the power plants. They have been using Toyota engines, for the v8's, do you suppose that they may be using the Lexus engine?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I love the SLC, but I do think it's market is a different buyer than that of the Lotus. We here as kit car builders are somehwat biased from the onset....

It's nice to see something refreshing from Lotus, even if it does resemble the offspring of a Lamborghini mated with a Rossion Q1 (updated Noble).

I say good luck to Lotus, it's their type of spirit that will ultimately help keep the powers from sucking all the enjoyment out of motoring.

Back