The Paddock Poll

The Paddock on GT40s.com should be _______________.

• Closed and removed.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Left open as it is now.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Left open as a "Supporters Only" clubhouse, i.e., closed to all but forum supporters.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Left open with absolutely no moderation, i.e., the home of the free and the brave.

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

Ron Earp

Admin
This poll was designed to produce a certain result which it unsurprisingly did. A lot of real GT40 enthusiests have/will just fade away from the site now that the main focus is political bashing. Unfortunate...

No Mike, it wasn't designed to produce a certain result. I created it at lunch on a whim.

If you feel that strongly about it then create a poll.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
This poll was designed to produce a certain result which it unsurprisingly did. A lot of real GT40 enthusiests have/will just fade away from the site now that the main focus is political bashing. Unfortunate...

...and what makes you think that “political bashing” is the “main focus” of this website, Mike? It certainly has become the prevalent nature of comments on the “Paddock Politics Thread”...but only there. I certainly read the other boards much more than just the threads to which you referred.

Ron’s right...if the traffic on the political thread (and the paddock in general) is so high, it is because we, the members, have made it popular. Haven’t I seen you posting there, too? Thanks for helping make the paddock the “hit” it has become, Mike!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
.if the traffic on the political thread (and the paddock in general) is so high, it is because we, the members, have made it popular. Haven’t I seen you posting there, too? Thanks for helping make the paddock the “hit” it has become, Mike!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

All true. Still cannot understand why folks go read threads that upset them. I have zero interest in F1 racing and it pisses me off how much money Americans waste on sports activities such as the superbowl, so, I avoid those threads in the paddock and on many other forums I frequent. Problem solved.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Politics is 1000x more polarizing that Nascar VS F1 or SPF VS RCR. This country will someday soon go to war with itself over politics. Permitting it let alone encouraging it here should be the last thing we do. Leave it at the front door. I'll start a poll if you'll honor the results?

If the results of such a poll show that the majority of members truly want to support a forum whose #1 most viewed and active thread is political tripe and rubbish then I'm on the wrong site and will move along as I suspect some already have.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
All true. Still cannot understand why folks go read threads that upset them...I avoid those threads...

You're obviously warped beyond help, Ron.

Your solution is faaaaaaaaaaaaar too simple, faaaaaaaaaaaaar too logical, and faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too EFFECTIVE if put into practice.

Go to your room...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, you sound like someone who already knows what the results of my poll would be ;)

Ron Earp

Admin
Politics is 1000x more polarizing that Nascar VS F1 or SPF VS RCR. This country will someday soon go to war with itself over politics. Permitting it let alone encouraging it here should be the last thing we do. Leave it at the front door. I'll start a poll if you'll honor the results?

If the results of such a poll show that the majority of members truly want to support a forum whose #1 most viewed and active thread is political tripe and rubbish then I'm on the wrong site and will move along as I suspect some already have.

Knock yourself out as long as the poll has at least the choices of the original poll plus whatever choices you felt were missing.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
My poll would be a lot less ambiguous. Anyone want to wager on the outcome of such a poll?

Should the GT40s.com community be 100% free from political debate and all the divisive rhetoric and name calling that comes with it?

Yes
No

Ron Earp

Admin
My poll would be a lot less ambiguous. Anyone want to wager on the outcome of such a poll?

Should the GT40s.com community be 100% free from political debate and all the divisive rhetoric and name calling that comes with it?

Yes
No

While not paddock specific it's still interesting. Post it up.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Yes
No

This is not a simple yes or no question as you have so many requirements that are weighting only one of the answers.

It would be far simpler for you and others to just step around the threads you have no interest in. Instead, you feel more strongly about imposing YOUR will on others to quite simply “stroke” your own ego....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Mike, if you look at the view/reply count on all of the threads in the paddock, I think you'll see that the "Jokes, anyone?" thread has about 3 times the traffic that the politics thread has. Here's a link to that thread, but to see the difference in counts all you need to do is bring up the Paddock and look at the data for the entire "Paddock" sub-forum.

Jokes anyone? -

Cheers!

Doug

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure how ego has much to do about my thoughts on this Randy. I would just like to be part of and financially support a GT40 community that leaves all the divisive rhetoric at the door. There are many other places for that. Today's politics is purposely designed to work people up and pit them against each other. There is nothing to be gained from it whatsoever. I will never change your mind and likewise. This place should a refuge from that rubbish.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
In retrospect, my thoughts initially were I just didn't want to fund all the divisive political rubbish, not ban it. Maybe enough people who come here only to piss on other people and their beliefs will contribute enough that I can get a refund.

Last edited:
Back