This is how the wheels should sit in the arches on a GT40

Where are you located? How much are you asking for your car? Can you tell us about it, engine.....?

Thanks

Re: This is how the wheels should sit in the arches on a GT4

Hi I'm located in South Africa.

Heres some details on the car - price, engine etc

replica of jacky icxx 1969 winning car 1075 (number 6) - all the same decals and colour scheme.(Gulf Colours and stickers etc)

Featured in edition 20 of South African street and track.(Article and double page poster)

Drivetrain
- 302 Ford Windsor motor (tuned) - 5.0 litre V8 - sounds much meaner than a stock V8 on many 40's - hot cam etc - havent had it on the dyno but the motor is pretty powerful.

- Audi transaxle
- true replica of bundle of snakes exhaust ( full cross over system - sounds amazing! - loud enough to scare the neighbours ;-)

Brakes
- front : Four pot calipers on vented and slotted disks.
- rear : Solid disks with built in handbrake facility.

Suspension
- Spherical rod ends - fully adjustable without need to remove or add components with coils springs.
shocks rear adjustable. Anti roll bar front and rear.

Interior
- black leather
- airconditioner

Wheels and tyres
- Compomotive rims
- 305/50 X 15 rear tyres.(BF Goodridge)
- 205/60 X 15 front tyres.
- spare wheel fitted.

If u want to see pictures of this car click on this link
Quite a few pictures but sadly the best are not in digital format at the moment
http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/charliebsa1983/album?.dir=/dbb2
Telephone +27 0829278878
or email me at [email protected]
Price +- R350 000 ZAR (South African Rands)
+- $54 000 (American Dollars)
+- 30 000 GBP ( British Pounds)

Can negotiate a bit on the price if you are interested in the car.

Attachments

• 39275-Johns GT40 3 side view.jpg
    39275-Johns GT40 3 side view.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 348

To better answer that question on those tires , I had a mid 60s vette, flared and I bet I had the same rear tires. The were the BFG Euro T/As and came in the P305 50 15 .Unfortunately they no longer make them . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Looks solid, I think the tires fit just fine.
Looks like it fit perfect. I also give it 100%

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys, It is hot in there in summer, but I got AC and it works good. The story behind the black plates is a long one. Send me a PM and I let you know.

Prodigy, the pipes and infact the entire exhust system is going ot be re-done. It's funny everyone from my wife to the guy at the Dyno shop hated it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont hate it i think it is a wonderful achievement and looks awesome but i was only just curious as to why they were so long. But i think it looks great good work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back