Top Gear - Clarkson drives the new GT

Yeah, seen it. Seems as if every motoring journalist has tested it now. No track tests yet, or real figures, correct me if I'm wrong.

What makes me laugh is that Ford say that they are pitching the new GT at the Ferrari 360. Well they have failed in one important area - SALES - How can they compete when they only make a few!

Still, that's good news for us. Ferrari 360's are just so common!! Wouldn't want that to happen to the 40!

Regards,

J.P

JP.
What colour is your? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
the Ford is very good on the track as the test team tests about 2 hours from my home,5 seconds a lap faster than a 360(same day,same driver) and that is with a non-supercharged mule engine ...

Jet Black, Silver stripes - when its finshed !

End November, there will be plenty of pics!

Regards,

J.P

Thanks Brian.. I'll be on a plane to Turkey by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif working for the Blue Oval does have its down sides /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Brett

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
He says the engine was made in the USA but not a lot else!!
He even said the body was English and the suspension by Lotus ?? They'll be setting up a small shed on the Slough trading estate next !!
Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
Dave M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your link doesn't come up. If you go to the .com site, which video is it as he has many to choose from.I didn't see the gt40 one.
Bill

Apparently it's been removed - sorry. I saved a copy, however. If someone here can host it, I'd be happy to e-mail them my copy.

I suspect copyright is an issue and anyone hosting a site with material from BBC on, especially when fresh - is likely to get an earbashing or worse from their legal dept.

We have to be careful about pictures we post, video is no different.

Just a thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I beg to differ with David Morton, in the video, he says that the original was designed by Ford of britain. The new Ford GT IS an American car through and through. They wanted it to handle like a Lotus, not that Lotus designed the suspension!!

There were a lot of BS in that piece like the only good handling car to come out of the US was the Ford GT. How about the Saleen S7, C5R, and all of the Viper race cars. They did well enough to win lemans and several other road racing events. I would expect a stock S7 would out run a stock Ford GT hands down in any type of event. Drag racing, road racing, etc.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Who really cares ? and does it really matter who designed it and where it was designed. Its just another car, albeit significant to people here on this forum because of it's connotations. If I had the spare money, I'd order one, even if just to sell on the option.
Any way, the steering wheel is on the wrong side !!!
Dave M

Hi all, Brett are you being a little dynamic tonite? But that is a good point that David raised: Because the steering wheel is on the "wrong side" as he put it, how will it meet our new legislations? Realistically if the GT went through an SVA test it would fail miserably.. There are sharp edges, Mirror test would fail. And thats not counting the wheel on the wrong side. but then Fords mightly sway means rules dont apply here. It does get in my claw when us little manuacturers have to abide by the SVA test that is never sympathetic to a 1964 desgned vehicle.

Oh well, we can still get them through andthe wheel is on the right side.. If there is a right side!

Regards

Mark sibley
MDA

[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, we can still get them through andthe wheel is on the right side.. If there is a right side!

Regards

Mark sibley
MDA

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark - the right side is whatever side I'm sitting on !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian

Back