Toxic cabin

A party smoke machine inside the cabin will do the same.
Tape the areas like windows ect ,lift the rear clip and wait for the smoke.

Jim

Chuck

Supporter
Interesting problem. I have had nothing similar with my RCR. Some thoughts.

My cabin is definitely not air tight. Like the original, there is a gap at the bottom of the door. There is some air intrusion at other locations as well. So there is always some degree of air movement even when the side vents are closed.

On occasion when the fuel vents pass fuel while refueling there may be a brief odor of gas, but it dissipates quickly. Otherwise I have not noticed any noxious odors while driving.

Could you have a leak, perhaps fuel, that is seeping under the carpet?

Michael

check out my build log . I have connected the NACA ducts to an opening in the front bulkhead in original location. I installed converted throttle bodies there to be able to regulate the amount of fresh air coming in. Other than that i did seal the rear bulkhead pretty tight, also around the doors. Only use teflon based fuel vent hoses inside the cabin ( and on every fuel line) . Rubber based fuel lines will have the fuel fumes discipating through the hose and lead to fuel smell inside the car. Except the opening of the sidewindows my car is watertight also in heavy rain.
Drove the car on more than one occasion in hot weather and longer than 2 hours continously. Heat in cabin is bearable the fresh air supply seems to work good. there is clearly a difference to feel if the throttle bodies for fresh air control are opened. HAve not yet filled my AC. Felt no need for it so far. Always drive with the little side windows open to have some opening to vent the cabin. Only thing i feel after a long drive is a dry throat.
ALso my car has the single nostril panel , which vents the hot air from the radiator much better over the car than the dual one.
TOM

This is a very serious issue. We run a 3 inch, high output fan into the cockpit of all of our Le Mans cars to an inlet as close to the nose as possible. If you are running AC make sure that it has a good clean air inlet. Also check with a good CO meter. This is no joke.

Another alternative, dont run with side windows in very hot weather, we use these small wind deflectors, mounted into the same fixing holes as the perspex, and these make a very comfortable but wind free cockpit, Frank

Frank,
Where can those wind deflectors be purchased?

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Frank,

Do you know if they will fit or better yet have you fitted them to a Superformance?

Steve P2125

Hi Guys, the pattern moulds were originally made for GTD doors, and while I have a load of enquiries about other makes I have not been able to check these out without having a vehicle available for this. I have checked Tornado, but will need to get to a Superformance and others before can assess the situation. Frank

Back