Transaxle Comparision

Re: Transaxel Comparision

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the members of the Company that is going to be the U.S. importer/distributor of the GearFox transaxles including the gearbox being called the Baby T. I will make a formal announcement in the coming days, but not on this thread as I do not feel it is appropriate at this time.

Our group has sat back and watched this and other threads growing everyday. Often myself and other members of our Company have wanted to ask Wanni to tone it down a bit, but actually even we find all that we have read very educational. You have to admit, most of you dont feel it is very good for sales! As an American myself and spending half my life in Washington D.C and Virginia and the other half in California, I understand all the emotions being stirred up on this forum and certainly I can understand it.

I have spent sometime in Italy with Wanni, and in short I will say, he is quite a character, but anyone of you on this forum would thoroughly enjoy a day spent with him. I currently work with quite a few Europeans where I am now in Thailand, and he is not the typical European. He is very cordial, funny, polite, and I would say also very trustworthy and honest.

This man is just 100% obsessed with his gearboxes and has been on going with the development for over 30 years. I think it is obvious that he knows what he is talking about when you sift through the content of his posts.

Our group will provide the engineering and support for the GT40's along with several other applications using the GearFox products. The difference is or the support we will provide is a turn-key solution for the entire drivetrain of the GT40 and other vehicles, including engine, clutch, axles, joints, uprights, brakes, wiring harnesses, traction control systems, suspension, and a wide array of carbon fiber and other light weight composite parts. We will specialize in mid and rear engine solutions.

Fitment for the GT40's is no longer an issue for "BabyT" but we are in development of the items needed to properly do so. But really it is not a big problem any longer. Other members of our group will keep this forum posted, probably on a new thread.

THE PRICE: Our group is very market sensitive and did not come forward until we reached a preliminary price on the Baby T and everything else that is needed to make for an easy solution for the GT40's. Frankly GearFox and ourselves were quite far away in the beginning, but last week we have reached an agreement that would make the Baby T, extremely competitive in the US market.

As the Founder of the Galmer Arbitrage GT, I too was very concerned about the price of the GearFox unit, but we did not find any better solution at that time. We also new that our own production volume would help to reduce the cost. It is the result of our own prodution volume that will drive the cost down for other markets as well.

It is a fantastic product and we hope we can help everyone on this forum to make the right choice. I am personally a big fan of Mendeola, as their off road boxes have been a standard for many many years. I am sure there is a fit for all of the manufacturers out there and we certainly want success for them, this includes Chris Melia. Chris, you are a very patient man. We admire what you are doing.

I think all of you can agree we build cars because we love it. It is our therapy from putting up with daily life, our jobs and sometimes even our wives. We do it of for fun, and sometime if we are lucky, to support ourselves and our families. Dont let text on this forum ruin that feeling, even for one minute.

Frankly, I dislike forums in general, but this one is the best I have seen. I quite like it and couldn't resist posting a reply as I wait until midnight (Thailand time) to see the Indy 500!

That's it for me, for now.

Kevin Gallahan

Wanni, we poked our head out! Take it easy will you!? hehe

Hi Kevin

from your post you are obviously a gentleman,

Respect

regards

Chris

Kevin, thanks for jumping in. No doubt you should be the one to speak for your product......

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the members of the Company that is going to be the U.S. importer/distributor of the GearFox transaxles including the gearbox being called the Baby T. I will make a formal announcement in the coming days, but not on this thread as I do not feel it is appropriate at this time.

Our group has sat back and watched this and other threads growing everyday. Often myself and other members of our Company have wanted to ask Wanni to tone it down a bit, but actually even we find all that we have read very educational. You have to admit, most of you dont feel it is very good for sales! As an American myself and spending half my life in Washington D.C and Virginia and the other half in California, I understand all the emotions being stirred up on this forum and certainly I can understand it.

I have spent sometime in Italy with Wanni, and in short I will say, he is quite a character, but anyone of you on this forum would thoroughly enjoy a day spent with him. I currently work with quite a few Europeans where I am now in Thailand, and he is not the typical European. He is very cordial, funny, polite, and I would say also very trustworthy and honest.

This man is just 100% obsessed with his gearboxes and has been on going with the development for over 30 years. I think it is obvious that he knows what he is talking about when you sift through the content of his posts.

Our group will provide the engineering and support for the GT40's along with several other applications using the GearFox products. The difference is or the support we will provide is a turn-key solution for the entire drivetrain of the GT40 and other vehicles, including engine, clutch, axles, joints, uprights, brakes, wiring harnesses, traction control systems, suspension, and a wide array of carbon fiber and other light weight composite parts. We will specialize in mid and rear engine solutions.

Fitment for the GT40's is no longer an issue for "BabyT" but we are in development of the items needed to properly do so. But really it is not a big problem any longer. Other members of our group will keep this forum posted, probably on a new thread.

THE PRICE: Our group is very market sensitive and did not come forward until we reached a preliminary price on the Baby T and everything else that is needed to make for an easy solution for the GT40's. Frankly GearFox and ourselves were quite far away in the beginning, but last week we have reached an agreement that would make the Baby T, extremely competitive in the US market.

As the Founder of the Galmer Arbitrage GT, I too was very concerned about the price of the GearFox unit, but we did not find any better solution at that time. We also new that our own production volume would help to reduce the cost. It is the result of our own prodution volume that will drive the cost down for other markets as well.

It is a fantastic product and we hope we can help everyone on this forum to make the right choice. I am personally a big fan of Mendeola, as their off road boxes have been a standard for many many years. I am sure there is a fit for all of the manufacturers out there and we certainly want success for them, this includes Chris Melia. Chris, you are a very patient man. We admire what you are doing.

I think all of you can agree we build cars because we love it. It is our therapy from putting up with daily life, our jobs and sometimes even our wives. We do it of for fun, and sometime if we are lucky, to support ourselves and our families. Dont let text on this forum ruin that feeling, even for one minute.

Frankly, I dislike forums in general, but this one is the best I have seen. I quite like it and couldn't resist posting a reply as I wait until midnight (Thailand time) to see the Indy 500!

That's it for me, for now.

Kevin Gallahan

THANKS A LOT KEVIN. I LEAVE THE JOB IN YOUR CAPABLE HANDS.

charlie

Lifetime Supporter

Thank you Kevin we await seeing your first car with a GearFox installed. All these new transaxels are great now for some cars please ? I have been sitting on the sidelines awaiting these new alternatives to ZF and Porsche before pulling the trigger on an RCR. The transaxel is the biggest stumbling block to building a mid engined car - my front engined Corba was a piece of cake in comparison just drop in a TKO-600 for $1800.

Charlie

Charlie thanks, yes you are right. Seeing is believing. Speaks volumes for a product. Since you are not too far from where our main office will be located, perhaps we can discuss with you to work out some sort of sponsorship for your own vehicle at the appropriate time. Of course this depends on what stage you are in with your project. If you are like me, I dont like to wait too long! From my understanding Chris will be out with the ZFQ before we will be ready. So it really depends on you. Drop me an email if you want to discuss it.

Kevin

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

I have not been following this thread closely and apologize if this question has been asked previously. Who and/or how many U.S. dealers will there be for the Gearfox line? If there is a problem with a Gearfox transaxle, who is going to be able to service same? Does it have to go back to Wanni or will the local trans shop have the knowledge and skill to be able to diagnosis and rebuild a twin clutch yada yada setup?

Gregg, I don't think you would want Bevis at the corner shop to even touch any one of these transaxles..........

Gregg, There will be one USA dealer for the Gearfox line. The formal announcement is coming. There will be service points East and West of the Mississippi. There will also be complete replacement programs in place as well. Our level of customer service will be quite high. It is the foundation of our business.

OK, I am new here and I am sure that I will make alot of forum mistakes as I have never used these before. I have a CAV with a polished ZF. I am curently putting out about 700 hp and am having a problem holding everything together. I have broken the final drive ring gear in this transmission and am considering possibly installing something else. I want to drive this car, not just look at the great lines. I have seen the porsche transaxle, my ZF, and now read about the ZFQ and Wanni's transaxle. Should I rebuild what I have or is there something out there that will hold the power of this engine better or... downgrade the engine output. Any ideas would be helpful. c-ya tom ;)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Transaxle Comparison

I love this, you boys are canning Wanni because IMHO, he is asking legitimate questions of Chris an obviously well respected guy.

What is wrong with that? I know F**ck all about transmissions and think that Wanni's questions about an as yet untried and still on the drawing board/computer box, are fair enough and helpful to the unknowledgable like me.
Of course he is in opposition to Quaife and Chris and only the blind and totally stupid would not have picked that up, but isn't that what this wonderful forum is about? Letting everyone have their say and you make your own mind up.

I remember a bloke called Oliver who shit canned Robert Logan and was pilloried. Unfortunatly for many on this Forum he turned out to be right.

Let us all try to keep this sane and objective and let us continue to learn.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Chris, I just read my own post. Please understand that in no way am I comparing you with or attempting to put you in the same bed with Robert Logan. If anyone takes it that way I apologise.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Transaxle Comparison

I love this, you boys are canning Wanni because IMHO, he is asking legitimate questions of Chris an obviously well respected guy.

What is wrong with that? I know F**ck all about transmissions and think that Wanni's questions about an as yet untried and still on the drawing board/computer box, are fair enough and helpful to the unknowledgable like me.
Of course he is in opposition to Quaife and Chris and only the blind and totally stupid would not have picked that up, but isn't that what this wonderful forum is about? Letting everyone have their say and you make your own mind up.

I remember a bloke called Oliver who shit canned Robert Logan and was pilloried. Unfortunatly for many on this Forum he turned out to be right.

Let us all try to keep this sane and objective and let us continue to learn.

Jeez Pete,

You've no idea how much it hurts me to say this:rolleyes:......... but I agree with you 100%.

I've had dealings with Chris, he's an excellent guy, and I'm sure his trans will be well engineered and well thought out and well received in the market he is targeting.

Wanni has a different perspective on trans production and his comments and questions, drawn from his OEM supply position, are very enlightening for those of us that are interested in the subject of trans design.

Let's keep up the dialogue.

I see Richard has just responded with some more pertinent info on his TRT thread. A buyer of any one of the now or soon to be available new trans, has a lot more info than merely gear ratios and torque capabilities available for them to consider. You can't beat informed choices!

Cheers

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

Pete, I believe the issue with Wanni is not that he is asking questions of Chris and the ZFQ, but the way he is going about his business and the TONE of his posts. To me, Wanni's posts are extremely arrogant and really are self promoting. He appears to be craving attention with the underlying tone of having everyone "look at me" and "how great I am" and look at the major car companies using my transaxles. My opinion is that he is trying way too hard for recognition he apparently has earned by way of his success. I believe Wanni could bring a lot of tech to the forum, however I believe it is all lost by his arrogance. Hiding behind the guise of an alleged "language barrier" doesn't wash with me.

I have nothing favorable to say about Oliver and believe he foresaw NOTHING about the demise of Roaring Forties.

Chris, keep your head up and above the fray. Good luck in your endeavor as well to all who have thrown there hat in the transaxle ring.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Well Gregg,

Tech is tech however it is presented. Wanni's presentation is not only language, it's culture and passion as well. And yes, some of Wannii's early posts were self serving, but of late have been getting more subdued and Anglo-Saxonised. He seems to be trying to come to terms with what is acceptable or expected on this forum. The tech doesn't change. Only the delivery.

Oliver was sufficiently perturbed at the way RL was running the business that he demanded and got a refund of his deposit. You have drawn your conclusions, others may not concur.

Pete, you seem to have this innate ability to promote controversy!:rolleyes:

Respectfully,

Russ

Last edited:

Hello Everyone,

Kevin Gallahan

Kevin promised regular updates and announcements back in May...where are they?

I agree Wanni has been peddling his boxes on the GTM forum as well for some time. I think we need to at least see a mock up of the box in something. I was also wondering what trans was used in Shelbys Ultimate Aero which just recently broke the fastest production car speed at 253MPH (Guinness certified) "Show me the money"

Say what you want, but I would like everyone who asks these kinds of questions to identify themselves. Wanni, Chris Melia and the Mendiolas do a good job of that.

Best
Dom

Back