Ultima Un build log !

The drivers door is now aligned perfect.
After talking to the factory they informed me that nearly all of the door top hinges which are rose joints need to be bent slightly.
This is because the threaded section in the door is bonded into the door and cannot always be perfectly aligned.
After bending the rose joint all lines up nicely.

Fitted the rear deck heat protection, just got to put some extra finishing tape on some edges.
Painted the deck with matt black paint and under the wheel arches in body stone chip black, this will stop stone chips from splintering the gel coat.
Just got to fit the rubber grommets for the light pods.
I ran some sikaflex sealer along some inner edges to tidy them up, just being fussy.

Attachments

• web 0202.jpg
    web 0202.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 318
  • web 0204.jpg
    web 0204.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Powered up the dashboard and everything worked exept one gauge which I'll sort out later. Need to repolish the entire ally cockpit area, like a spring clean.
Thatcham Alarm is now working again.

Attachments

• web 0195.jpg
    web 0195.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 259
Doors aligned, locks set up 90%
Cabin sealed from the engine bay.
Windscreen bonded in.
Wipers and washers working.

Attachments

• web 0182.jpg
    web 0182.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 329
  • web 0187.jpg
    web 0187.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 279
  • web 0194.jpg
    web 0194.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 295
  • web 0193.jpg
    web 0193.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 271
it looks better and better ;-)
what is that little alu lever? in the middle of the front?
is that a lever to open that front from the outside?

It's the security pin just in case the front lifts.
It's a steel pin through the body and a split pin on the outside, same as you would fit on the rear deck of a 40.
There's a lot of downforce with that front splitter and it's a just in case item.

ah :D now I see, good thinking...
I also had to change something on my car because of the invisible wall,
when occasionally driving say from 200km/h to 300km/h on the German autobahn...
some strong forces on the car with those speeds.

Changed the plugs and ran the engine today, christ... I'd forgotten how awesome it responds and sounds.
I will post a you tube video of the engine run up when I can.
I will change the oils and stick some fresh fuel in as it hasn't run for a while.
I'm looking for a quality set of velocity stacks for the Kinsler injection if anyone knows a good source ?

Kieth,
What are the inlet size of the throttle bodies? 48, 50, 52mm? Borla(formerly TWM) and some of the other manufacturers should be adaptable.

Bill

Malcolm

Supporter
Didn't know if you were aware or not Keith, but there is an Ultima running in this years 24 Hours at Silverstone. Thought it might be of interest to you.

Yep, I think it's Mac G Racings Ultima running an LS7 engine, trick little car actually.

Best Regards Malc

Been told that all the carbon bits, the canard wings, shark gill vents and mirrors are ready for despatch so they should be with me next week.

Here's a picture of the Mac G race Ultima running in Brit Car

Attachments

• Mac G Racing Ultima.jpg
    Mac G Racing Ultima.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 321

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
It's the security pin just in case the front lifts.
It's a steel pin through the body and a split pin on the outside, same as you would fit on the rear deck of a 40.
There's a lot of downforce with that front splitter and it's a just in case item.

Keith consider extra security for the rear, especially if you are intending to run a wing. Don't ask me how I know!

Julian

How do you know Julian ???????????

I think I can guess

Ultimas have two lockable latches and another at the top, but I still fit at least one pin as well
Same goes for the 40 .. even more so.

The Carbon bits arrived today...A Bit like Christmas.
The front Shark Gill vents will need a bit of care to fit and look nice.
If you want them flush with the bodywork you have to cut out the aperture then remove the Gel coat of around 1mm so that the vents sit flush with the body.
Harder than it sounds but what the heck lets give it a go.
The Dive planes or Canard wings are a perfect contour on the panels. Will fit them this weekend.
Carbon mirrors are a different thing again but that's for a seperate post

Attachments

• web 4554.jpg
    web 4554.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 245
  • web 4555.jpg
    web 4555.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 235
  • web 4558.jpg
    web 4558.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 241
Back