Usefulness of the forum...

Just wanted to say that in only a couple of months of interest in a possible GT40 project, due to names, numbers and contacts I've gotten DIRECTLY through this board, I think I have every single possible piece of information I need to make a decision.

Not that I am close to making the decision but I wanted to say the "usefulness" of the forum has been GREATLY enhanced (IMHO) due to the participation of the manufacturers since there is so much that simply reading a little brochure or webpage cannot answer and the fact you were HERE means they know you are more than a tire-kicker and will spend time talking to you.

The Internet has made doing so many types of projects, finding information, and finding materials easy.
It's hard to imagine doing a project like a GT40 without it.
This forum has so many experienced people with such a great diversity of skills and knowledge that problems and questions can be addressed on a world wide basis. Amazing!

I'm basically a self taught "hack" when it comes to the field of automotive maintenance, but I’ve found in the past that the biggest hurdle has been to get those in the know to offer useful information. It usually meant reading lots of books till you found what you needed, or hunting out the appropriate people within car clubs. Usually a time consuming process. And while that process is still very important, this forum has often become my first port of call. The members of this forum have always given me a quick answer when I’ve desperately needed it, and have also supplied me with enough information to allow me to tackle things that I would have otherwise considered to be outside my scope.

...oh, and lets not forget the great service that I get from RF too. In my experience, they seem to be one of the few exceptions to the rule
smile.gif

Being a fiberglass fabricator... I must thank the forum for bringing me business. Thanks!
wink.gif

Back